Rapper Role Models

There are so many children trying to be like rappers or thugs. There are not enough great role models in our time now. Instead of wanting to be a firemen or a doctor little kids want to be rappers or sell drugs when they get older. The current, so called, best rapper alive has just gotten out of jail. Would parents want their children to model someone like a rapper? Now what man who has no respect for the law and thinks it would help his career if he went to jail?

There are many people who agree with me on the subject and have come up with their own opinions. Some people believe that he will be right back where he started, in jail. Many say that if they let Lil Wayne out of jail they will be setting a bad example for kids. This is not the only rapper who has just come out of jail. T.I. has also come out, but guess what? He’s going right back to his nice cozy cell. Their song lyrics are not so great to the ears either.

Their lyrics have so much violence it seems to twist the mind. There is one current rapper that is being sentence to life in prison, Lil Boosie. He has also come out with a song called “Mind of a Maniac.” He is showing children go to the crazy house it’s fun. When I become a parent, I will keep watch on what my children are listening to and watching.
Now I’m not trying to say to be strict on the kids, but just watch what is happening around them. Kids are exercising so much these days and others influence most of it. So much peer pressure is upon children who want to be like rappers or having the new trends. Such peer pressure does not influence me myself.

74Kjj said...
I want to thank everyone for the comments and the suggestions. I have taking each and everyone's suggestions into thought. I have seen that many people have a great outlook on rappers and their lifestyle. I want to write another article about not only my thoughts but yours also. Please if you have any more suggestions let me know and what I should correct and work.

heather said...

Well I read the article you wrote and the comments that replied to it. Its true your article was not objective to both sides of the argument, however, looking at the comments that you recieved you obviously have a valid point. It's true that not all rappers send out negative messages, but they are often overshadowed by the ones who do make bad choices. The comments that you have recieved give even more evidence that certain rappers are bad role models for children, mainly in the sense of bad ... (more »)

realtalk123 said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 12:00 am
Ok I'm being honest here so don't get all mad and what not. I definetly get your point, but you're not taking other things into consideration. Things such as the fact that not every rapper in the world is a dirty, nasty thug. For the most part it's the parent's choice as to whether or not kids will be exposed to dirty rappers. I am a young black girl who listens to rap but I don't even consider doing any of the stereo types you presented above. That brings me to my next point. It also depen... (more »)

wontsayyourright123 replied...
I definitely agree. Also, There are rappers who make peaceful music, such as Kid Cudi. He made a song about being accepted to a new school, a song about being ready to die and be with his father in heaven, and a song about how he thinks differently from other people, too.

Ms.Brezzytofine said...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 am
Please yo name don't even make sense so don't talk Numbers and kjj And yo article was even dumber soo I think you need a life and on top of that I printed out your article and took it in as a Editoral... ha ha ha . my teacher even said it sucked. so depening on your age you might want to consider taking a creative writting class. oh and you got some attuitude I just was saying what had to be said. Misstywaterfall you are very smart for tellin this girl she need to hit the books about some rapper... (more »)

CMW709 said...
You are so right about these kids letting rappers influence them, and considering them as role models. Just like you said most kids only want to be rappers or thugs, because it's the only way they see that they can make it. Seriously, what happened to kids wanting to be doctors, lawyers and firemen? I guess it all went down the drain like some of these rappers careers. I do think you should have said more about the rapper's lyrics and how they are corrupting the kids minds. You did an exce... (more »)

CMW709 said...
You are so right about these kids letting rappers influence them, and considering them as role models. Just like you said most kids only want to be rappers or thugs, because it's the only way they see that they can make it. Seriously, what happened to kids wanting to be doctors, lawyers and firemen? I guess it all went down the drain like some of these rappers careers. I do think you should have said more about the rapper's lyrics and how they are c

6605clj said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:23 am
I love your rapper role model speech. It really does happen, but Lil wayne and Boosie got theirselves into this mess. Kids watch and listen to everything.

misstywaterfall said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 11:41 am
you dont even know...like have you ever listened to any rap songs no i dont thhink so and lil wayne is the best rapper alive and wat he went to jail for he was innocent get ur facts straight buddy :)

74Kjj replied...
Wow! thx a lot for the comment but i would like to say that this was a class project. Soooo thx i will take your words into consideration but mine your ;)

Ms.Brezytofine replied...
Girl you don't know nothin about no lil wanyne you need to gone.

misstywaterfall replied...
were u talking to me??

74Kjj replied...
YES I WAS TALKING TO YOU AND THE GIRL ABOVE YOU, AND I DONT SEE NOTHING YOU WROTE ON HERE. WHY YOU HAVE TO COMMENT ON HERE ANYWAYS. I THINK YOU WAS JUST LONELY AND WANTED SOMEBODY TO TALK TO AND MS.BREZYTOFINE LOL LAMES NAME BY THE WAY !

Thisisaname123 replied...
I dont like screwdrivers!