The Good and Bad of YouTube

By , Monroe, IA
YouTube. A word known around the world. It could make you famous in some people's cases. But in most, it doesn't do ANYTHING for you. It is pretty much just a website where you post videos of you doing or saying stupid things. I don't understand, personally, what the big deal is about posting videos on YouTube. The only reason I use YouTube is to watch music videos. And that is only if I can't find the video on another website. There is a girl in my school that has been recently posting videos on YouTube. In her videos, she is smoking. Which is way illegal. Somebody reported her to the authorities and she got charges pressed against her. That is one of the bad things that can come out of using YouTube. But it's not really YouTube's fault. There is no reason she should have posted, or even thought about posting, those videos. There are a few good things about YouTube. Some people such as Jud Laipply who created the "Evolution of Dance" video and posted it on Youtube. Since then, he was asked to perform on America's Got Talent. That is the first person that I think of when I hear the words YouTube Sensation. He became famous by posting a video on YouTube. I can think of more bad than good things that can come out of posting videos on YouTube. But if you're talented enough, it could change your life forever.

LittleMissMagnolia533 said...
this is an amazing work. Speaking of which, I hope to be a famous YouTube gamer someday. Got any advice? (I could really use some...)

Katie S. said...

Its hard to express how much I disagere with you. You do not have near the amount of imformation that it takes t make this decsion. OKay, heres an example. YouTube isn;t about posting videos of you doing/saying stupid stuff, if you have ever seen a vlogbrothers video, you would know this. YouTube helped bring about an insightful and inteliigent communtiy where good things can be done. Antoher example, jsut last year a group called ChartJackers was formed, this group raised thousands of ... (more »)

youraloserifyourlookingatthis replied...
Wow, it was just one opinion so you can just settle down. I realize that there are some situations like that, but a lot of them aren't...

katieissonerdylike replied...
Intelligence, by the way, is what I think you are trying to say.

thetiedyecrayon said...
In some cases, I agree with you (like the girl smoking at your school), but YouTube can be a great way to connect with others and express yourself. Some people wouldn't be where they are right now if it wasn't for YouTube.