Role Model or No Model?

Sometimes I wonder why people look up to celebrities. Some of them are good role models, but others are not worthy of being a role model. A good role model is someone who rarely does something so awful that it's publicized on the news, and someone who does good with the time they are given.

Children look up to celebrities a bit too much. Whether it be dancing seductively like Britney or using bad language that you hear sometimes on interviews, it's never good for a child to be exposed to. Of course some of these celebrities like Demi Lovato, etc. do good things for other people, if they do end up doing something they will later forget, it will be put on the spotlight for all to see, including the children who look up to them.

I feel that sometimes children need to be reminded that celebrities are just normal people; they are not a god. Nobody should look up to them and follow all of their ideas, well...when they're bad.

never_before_seen said...
i totaly agree 100%. i can count on one hand the amount of good role model cerleberties. mabye two hands. maybe.

ThatNerd234 said...
I completely agree with this article. It explains that people are just another person like you or me. The thing is, when celebrities cuss, or do bad things, it is frowned upon. Which I understand 100%. But, everyone does a bad thing they regret at least once in their life. But celebrities are just better known than us so their bad actions end up in the news, magazines, internet, etc. So instead of saying 'Oh their bad!' when a celebrity does a bad action, we should feel a little bad for them, fo... (more »)

moomoocow said...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 2:24 am
My thoughts completely! Celebrities aren't at all good role modles for anyone. Sometimes I wonder why people look up to them.

BlackHoleHighAlum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this. I've written several articles on the same subject. Maybe you could elaberate more and make it slightly longer. But great article. :)

krazyk replied...
Thank you so much! and thank you for the advice. =].

BlackHoleHighAlum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
No problem! Keep up the good work! :D

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel like you read my mind... did you? Well, anway, well done with this; it is written sensibly. People are just people! It's strange, I have never heard of Demi Lovato, except for her picture and biography printed on my milk carton today.

krazyk replied...

Lol. yupp i read your mind. =P.  

I agree. I feel people get so involved with other people's lives, especially celebrities, and they try to relate to them and do everything they do.

thanks so much for the comment! =].

horsegirl27 replied...
i kno! wat if i was a fat, glop of poo and i randomly became famous? does that mean kids would eat mcdonalds everyday to look like me? (btw, im not fat at all) :P

krazyk replied...
=P. it's quite possible. haha.