Insomnia: Not Necessarily a Bad Thing

In a quiet town in Minnesota a young man sat in his parent's basement trying to figure out what to do with himself. Having insomnia, he had quite alot of spare time. In the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning he wrote lyrics and music, and recorded his creations. Anyone know what remarkable person I am referring to? Adam Young, of course. Or better yet, Owl City.
I doubt Adam would've expected that one day people all over the world would know his music and be reciting the lyrics, his lyrics, perfectly back to him. As he says, it's a very surreal experience.
Owl City's music is upbeat but slow at the same time. Words cannot exactly describe the rhythm of his songs. The lyrics are heartfelt and true, yet at sometimes completely random. When you listen to Owl City your worries seem to float away.

Owl City is Adam Young.

t.i.m.n_w said...
i love adam young, my fave songs tidal wave, i didn't know he was an insomniac....just like me!

LostinMadness replied...
I love him too! I don't have a favorite song, I love them all =3

icefaerie10111 said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 11:01 am

Cool stuff Miranda, you should write more!

-Alyssa

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have never listened to Owl City, but I'll check him out now since I've heard the story of how Adam Young created his music. Ah, music endlessly inspires.

LostinMadness replied...
I'm glad you will check him out. He really is amazing. And I agree, music is one of the best inspirations.

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Great article subject, just make it longer!

LostinMadness replied...
Thank you! I was going to make it longer, but it was late and I was tired. Not exactly the best time to write...haha.