The Death of a Generation

Welcome to the new generation. Here we have Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and Twilight.

Today's youth is exposed to things we had never seen as children. We grew up on full house and silly cartoons. Much of today's younger generation get a full blast of what I like to call "Too much disgusting."

What I mean by that is their role models could start out on Disney, but give them a few years and they'll be on stage wearing almost no clothing and letting the world see them. Where are the people that these children should be looking up to? In rehab. Prison. Having babies.

What happened to the days when going to prison or rehab was a taboo that could potentially ruin a career? Now it's accepted, almost normal even.

The music that the younger generation hears all around them can't be too great either, right? Hidden messages about sex and drugs. Meaningless swear words.

If you turn on a TV, you are likely to see some sort of celebrity gossip or some show pertaining to sex.

Goodbye old. Time to make room for the new?

ELM522This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:55 pm:
I agree, but Justin Bieber hasn't  done  any of that. He's  just  a singer,  that  usually  stays out of BIG news!

AmberLorraine replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:36 pm :
That's true. However, at one point, Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus hadn't done anything. It's just a matter of time.

EYE.<3.JB.(: replied...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 6:52 pm :
i agree with amber, but i think justin is a regular teenager with a big carrer