Hollywood: 3-D...Please Stop

I think that Hollywood has taken things way too far with the concept of 3-D animation. It seems like any type of, for lack of a better word, shitty movie can slap a 3-D sticker on it and pretty much call it gold. Granted, there are some movies that take advantage of this wonderful piece of technology that's been around since the 50's. Movies like "How to Train a Dragon" and "Cloudy, With a Chance of Meatballs" show that 3-D can be a thing of beauty for movie goers to love and enjoy. But then we have movies that totally take advantage of the 3-D concept and I do not mean that in a good way! Movies like "Spy Kids 3-D" and "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl" just suck! Well that's all for now.

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I personally like Spy Kids 3-D, yeah, sharkboy and lavagirl was a bit childish, but still a good movie. I never saw them in 3-D so I can't really comment on that.....

JamesRM173 replied...
Sept. 6, 2010 at 1:19 am
Well I'm fine with movies that make their films for the purpose of 3-D. But when a "2-d" film does it for a quick buck it becomes offensive to movie goers like you and I.