Celebrities-Why So Admired?

I don't understand why celebrities are put on such a high petal stool. It's like its okay for them to ruin their lives but when it comes to regular people you consider them a "screw up". They do drugs, act like their higher than everyone else, and lead a life that children and teens want to pursue. I'm not judging you if you look up to someone famous but they should lead a better life for you to want to admire. I mean I even admire a few celebrities myself. But why can't we admire regular people?

I get it; they have money, nice cars, and mansions. But if you strip them of all of that they turn out to be just like you if not lower. I mean take the business woman who walks past you on the steet. She has a descent carreer, supports her husband and children, and is a caring induvidual. Why not admire her? Not to say that some celebrities are wrong or act with no sense. Really there are some that do have great qualities. All I'm saying is why not admire someone who is working hard to lead a moral life. Someone who cares about people and is sensible. They are the best model citizens to admire. Though it's easier to like someone for what they have or what they do. But just look at the full picture and then decide for yourself.

TimeTravellerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:24 am
Celebrities are people too, it's just that they are well-established. The celebrities whom I admire may not be completely accepted by the society, but they are very down-to-earth people and I know that because I'm a die hard fan. Now it does sound crazy but it's true, they wanted to be treated like others too. The media often focus on their flaws, they like to potray them as a negative influence because that is what most of the newspapers print nowadays and that is what the public li... (more »)

kalijahhooks said...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 11:46 am
I agree with you, but, I disagree when you said that they act like their higher then everyone else. Some celebrities try thier best to act normal and they want to be treated like a normal person, but, its not like they can go to a mall and shop without a fan running up to them. So just know that most celbs try their very best to act like US.

loversinjapan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

In my honest opinion, celebs are normal people who just hapene to be more well-known. The celebrities who get on drugs and stuff are the ones who can't handle the extra attention.

Real celebrities in my opinion are people who deserve the attention. These people are influential and intellectual people who use their status to help the world, such as advertising a charity.

People who get on drugs and don't really do anything but twitter about their latest catfight are not celebriti... (more »)

xodistantdreamerxo said...
This is amazingly true. We share the same view point on this. If only people would realize what you're saying I think ideals of whats "right" and "wrong" would be a bit better.

SmileinyourSleep said...
I liked it, i definetly get your piont of view on things and you make it very clear for what you stand for. Great work, really.

TheWritician replied...
Thanks alot!

SodapopMyLove said...
I love this, I personally don't get why too. Is it cause of their talent, looks, or fashion?

TheWritician replied...
I think its ninty-ten. Ninty percent looks and five percent what you got or fifty fifty of both lol. But anyway thanks for commenting.