OMG! He did what?! NO WAY!

Every now and then, some big time celebrity becomes the center of gossip across the country. The media then decides to harass that person for more information involving whatever scandal has occurred. And I say “harass” not question or interview because that’s exactly what they’re doing. Yet we all seem to forget one little thing: that person is a PERSON. In other words, he or she may be a celebrity but they are human beings just like us. What I don’t understand is why Miley Cyrus was bellowed at for taking a picture of her and her friends while pulling her eyelids sideways pretending to be a Chinese person when these sorts of stereotypes exist within society. Heck, even popular comedians use these stereotypes/so-called “racist” insults in their acts. For example, if you know Russell Peters than I won’t have to explain anymore. Also, there was an enormous uproar when Vanessa Hudgens was found out to be taking nude pictures of herself. But, please tell me that other teenagers don’t do that as well. That’s exactly what Vanessa and Miley are. Teenagers. They may be famous but they are still a pair of teenagers.

Going back a couple of years, I’m betting there are at least 30 or more major scandals that has caused an immense amount of gossip and annoying jabber. Remember the many Britney Spears issues? Unsurprisingly, the media seemed to add on to her problems at the time. Let’s take a look at the recent episode with Tiger Woods. Sure, he was cheating on his wife and that is undeniably immoral. Yet, what about the dozens of other men that cheat on their lovers? Obviously, if your neighbour began seeing two or three girlfriends at the same time, the media wouldn’t even look twice at him. Unless your neighbour happened to be Tiger Woods himself. In that case, you are a very lucky person (grin). After a while, these issues die down just to be replaced with another scandal from a different celebrity. Is anyone else finding this very tedious and, not to mention, repetitive?

Celebrities are expected to be good “role models” for the younger generation to follow. The problem is, however, that a celebrity is not a role model. A celebrity is simply someone very famous and well-known in society. In no way are we actually supposed to look up to them. That’s why there are people like Ghandi and Jesus. On the other hand, some celebrities are, in reality, very good people yet they are still stereotyped with the “crazy” ones. All of these people are just that. People. Yes, they will cheat. They will lie. They will do all sorts of right and wrong things but that is simply because they are living a little thing called LIFE. But the serious question remains: why do we care so much about people we will probably never meet or develop any type of relationship with? What do you think?

Blue4 said...
My thoughts exactly. Nice to find an occasional sensible person. :)

misswindsor said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm:
I agree with you! People hold celebs to a set of rules and stuff. And I think that's not fair because we all are human and we all make mistakes. P.S. I disagree with the whole, " But please tell me that other teenagers don't do that as well." I don't do that. I don't know any people that do that. So don't think just cause celebs do that, that teens do that too. Don't generalize that statement because not every teen takes naked pic of themselves, only a few do that. 

ZadaRox101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2010 at 4:28 pm:
um, I can answer the Vannessa Hudgens question...no one I know.....but yeah the miley cyrus thing is taking it too far

MarinaOreo said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm:
I completely agree! This was well written and humanity is just messed up. I don't understand how people honestly think celebrities are perfect beings. Doesn't make sense. :/

tAK3N,BY DA BESt replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
yea i agree they are just like me aqnd you......NORMAL;;;; but for me its like iam me.....its no such thing of the word PERFECT//////