What Has Happened?

What has happened? Our society worships plastic and paper. At this very moment, sitting in cold, metal racks at every grocery store across the nation, millions of two-dimensional people stare out at the everyday American with blank expressions. These idols have caused many girls to drool over and hang onto every last word of these fake figures. To think that our entire country puts the lives of famous people under a microscope just because they can sing well is extremely disappointing. In fact, if you look at all of the facts, many famous singers are only famous because they have connections to people in high places. Some do not even have actual talent. Why is it that there are many people in our own towns that have amazing talent yet will never be recognized for it? Connections should not be the defining key to idolatry. There are so many people that contribute so much to our world only to be treated with disrespect that should be treated so much better. Our world has become so dependant on gossip and glamour that it has forgotten the true things that matter in life. Caught up in the tragedy of the famous, the world has forgotten the real people around them who give so much and yet gain so little.

The people who thrive on the latest gossip magazine stating that another celebrity couple has split up and another pop star has confessed to doing drugs should stop and consider all of the positive things happening in their own city. When times are tough and the world seems to drag you down, think of all the good that is being done in your own backyard. And smile.

Veronica S. said...
Very true, I'm glad there are people out there who realize fame isn't everything. In the end, I think it all comes back to the fact that we all just crave fortune- and fame and fortune go hand and hand.

BlueRain said...
When all the Casey Anthony stuff came out, I thought it would never end! It was on every single channel! not to mention it lasted weeks. But now... how long has it been since it last aired on the news? I can't even remember. Not very long. People have forgotten about it. And it makes me wonder if they ever really cared at all? The same people who proclaimed their hatred for that mother are probably the ones buying her book (ebook probaly, since real books are disappearing fast). I wake up in the... (more »)

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm :
I really dislike how imposing reporters are too. So many are annoyed that celebrities don't spill their guts to these random people with microphones and cameras, like it's supposed to be their job to tell them anything and everything. But if it was me I would be scared out of my life! I'd probably never go anywhere if I knew that if I even ate something at a restaurant there would be someone hovering over me like that.

Kalyn92 said...
I absolutly agree with you! Great article!

J. Rae said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm:
I like your writing style. It's very short and very to the point. And you did get your point across. Only peole who have real talent can make it to the top without using their connections with important people.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:03 pm:
Your article is very well written as well as to the point, and I completely agree with you. It's OK to like celebrities for their talent; but to obsess over their personal lives is ridiculous. Again, great article- I enjoyed reading it and it was good as a piece of writing as opposed to just tons of screaming and yelling like most articles on here.

Jessica330 replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 7:16 am :
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that my piece was able to get across the point I was trying to convey. Thanks again for commenting! :)