read the darn book

in my american literaturee class we are reading a book called "White Fang". I personally think it's an awesome book. but most of the other students find the book boring and uninteresting. the thing is i dont believe any of them trully know what a good book is. they dont read often and what the do read is crap about the life of gangsters. its very disappointing to know that not one teenager in my class can apprciate the art of writing. also too many teenagers say they dont even like reading, that is just sad. people need to turn of the tv and pick up a book the more a person reads the more they appricate what they read. and i think its an insult to the millions of good writers to have over 50% of the teenage population never even read their books. c'mon people learn something get smart and read a freakin book

schlage said...
It's sad that some people are going to miss out on some really awesome books just because they feel threatened by the size. Just because you might have to take more time to read it doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

mudpuppy said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 5:52 am:
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Chloe-e-e-e said...
May 31, 2010 at 7:57 am:
Could you maybe write this a little better. I completely agree with you, but maybe take some time and smooth out the wrinkles and make it a little easier to read, instead of lumping it all together. Just a suggestion. :)

J. Rae said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm:
I totally agree! I am a huge reader. I can pick up a 700 page book and be done with it in a day. I try to get all of my frieds to read, because it really helps you later on in life! Do you know how huge reading can make your vocabulary? Reading can even teach youlife lessons!
Have you ever read any Jane Autsin books? No? And why? Because they look boring! fyi people, just because books are old doesn't mean they're boring. Old books have such beauty in them that modern books just don't. YOu... (more »)

Nikki95 replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm :
lol yeah i read the whole twilight series in a day and a half... wonders of reciepts and wally world ;)

The~Watcher replied...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm :
People just have different tastes in book. An old book is not necessarily better than a new book- I know plenty of beautiful modern works. Yes, some students are going to dislike White Fang because they're stubborn and narrow minded, but maybe some gave it a chance and still don't like it. I haven't ever been able to read a whole Jane Austin book- not because it looked boring, but because romance makes me want to puke. People are entitled to their own opinions.

Lillith said...
I totally agree with you. It seems today nobody has any appreciation for good writing or the classics.

Dynasty replied...
Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:05 pm :
no one seems to appreciate readin at all

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 7:41 pm :
Im 17 and the only one in my (former) class that appreciated reading and writing. They all consider me to be the intelectual, but thats coz they've never read a book in their lives. it's almost heart-wrenching to see this diminishing in the passion for literature within the youth. and **** man, how can anybody find White Fang (or any Jack London) boring?