Kayne West vs.Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Kayne West vs.Taylor Swift

September 13, 2009
By books4life19 BRONZE, Glenwood Landing, New York
books4life19 BRONZE, Glenwood Landing, New York
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Okay, I just joined Teen Ink, but I was also watching the VMA's.I saw Taylor Swift get her award for best female music video. The camera man turns to the crowd for not even 10 seconds and when he goes back to Taylor , Kayne West is standing right next to her. Andd he says," Taylor I will let you get back to your speech in a moment , but did you know Beyonce is winning best female artist...." (not his exact words but close).Everyone in redio city music hall was shocked even BEYONCE!He totally ruined Taylor's moment! Seriously, he'd be pretty damn upset if someone intterupted his award.I used to like Kayne more but now I definatly DONT.Go team Taylor!And P.S he can't even take back what he said!



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 64 comments.


SandyC SILVER said...
on May. 5 2010 at 9:44 pm
SandyC SILVER, Concord, Other
5 articles 0 photos 78 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the end it won't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away"

i agree with yu, beyonce does have better vocals, but lately her songs have not really had meaning behind them(single ladies..i rest my case) and to b honest, taylor's video was much better, it told a story, while beyonces video simply showed her in a leotard singing  and dancing in black and white..really i watched it and said 2 myself " and this was nominated 4 a VMa because.....?" i mean her vocals were good, but the video simply was not.... and yes taylor's music is basically al the same, but if yu notice, most artissts do write bout the same thing often (ex: Justin Bieber and girls, Kesha, and parties, etc) at least Taylors music is good:)

on Apr. 18 2010 at 3:36 pm
Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
23 articles 0 photos 99 comments
she dose smille alot! and i love taylor. she dose have good songs. but personaly i think beonce is a s!ut, and her music is annouying but thats just me

on Apr. 18 2010 at 12:08 pm
IsobelFree DIAMOND, Hamilton, Other
71 articles 20 photos 296 comments

Favorite Quote:
"As long as there is open road, the familiar has the most formidable competitor." - Anonymous

Ok, first of all, yes her songs are often about the same topic, but they are what she knows, and they're good songs. Also, she smiles a lot! How can u say she never smiles? I agree by the way, books4life19. :)

on Apr. 14 2010 at 1:32 pm
Allright, i hate Taylor. Im sorry, but i do. All she sings a bout is boys breaking up with her,  how he belongs with her, do i have to go on ? And, she NEVER smiles!!! But i agree, kayne seriously shouldnt have done that to her, i felt so bad. Beyonce should have won, though. Her music is way better and same with her vocals.

on Mar. 31 2010 at 2:24 pm
Ashleigh909 GOLD, Buford, Georgia
14 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The night is the darkest just before the dawn."

He was! He had a bottle of Liqour with him going down the red carpet!!!!!!

on Mar. 31 2010 at 10:51 am
FunXsize3 BRONZE, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a box of choclates"

no he said Beyonce deserved the award....

taylor luva said...
on Mar. 30 2010 at 3:13 pm
kanye west said that he deserved the award more than taylor

on Mar. 24 2010 at 10:26 pm
Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
23 articles 0 photos 99 comments
oh nice...i agree with you he might have been drunk...lol

on Mar. 22 2010 at 5:32 pm
Weightless2015 GOLD, Roselle, Illinois
17 articles 0 photos 55 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream with my eyes open, sleep when I'm dead, love who my heart's chosen, and conquer what lies ahead." -Ryan Follese (lead singer of Hot Chelle Rae)

I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Although I am a fan of Taylor, we all have to admit that Beyonce IS a much better singer, and because it was for vocals, she SHOULD have won it. However, Kanye should NOT have stolen the spotlight from her. I don't think he really cared about Beyonce, but wanted to take the spotlight off her and put it on him. In any case, what does it matter? We can't change what happened. Why bother bickering about it now? I am still a fan of both of them though.

on Mar. 18 2010 at 11:36 am
crazyandshort BRONZE, Ariton, Alabama
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Lead me not to temptation. I've already found it."

What Kanye did was completely inappropriate. I am ashamed of him.

NeNe1 said...
on Mar. 18 2010 at 8:42 am
NeNe1, Warfield, Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments
I like dnt agree wit dhiz cuz if it waz u u would had wanted b really popular butt i believe he waz drunk but if it was me i would not have done it

on Mar. 17 2010 at 9:20 am
askdmdofpsdo GOLD, Beverley, Other
10 articles 3 photos 44 comments
teamtaylor all the way!

i like her music + i like kanye's too...

but now ive got no respect for him at all.

on Feb. 14 2010 at 8:48 pm
Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
23 articles 0 photos 99 comments
i agree althoue, taylor i think has moved on, in any case west. is liked but not respected on the other hand swift is respected and liked by millons. and way to go for taylor in not saying anything back if it were me i would have been cussing him out on tv, so way to go taylor i love you!!

on Feb. 14 2010 at 8:40 pm
Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
23 articles 0 photos 99 comments
agreed in my acting and singing carear the first thing i learned was you wioll hear more nos then yess!

on Feb. 14 2010 at 8:38 pm
Kristy_loves_Keats PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
23 articles 0 photos 99 comments
i LOVE taylor swift and i was very upset after hearing this. i wish i could be her friend cuz if i was i would have gone on stage and told him to shut up and let her speack cuz oh man that was messed up!!!when i become famus imguna enterup his speach gosh danget!!!

on Feb. 8 2010 at 4:44 pm
princessXcupcake SILVER, Brownsdale, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
A kid in my grade told me this one day in gym..."okay Mr. My Pants Are Too Tight." One...too bad I'm not a Mr. and two, my pants are skinny jeans, of course they're tight! lmao

Taylor deserved that. I dont think she is a good artist. She needs to die down from the spotlight for like 5 years. Then she can come back and maybe I will respect her.

kefi100 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 17 2010 at 4:52 pm
kefi100 BRONZE, Worcester, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Kanye West was soo disrespectfull and immature by doing that Taylor Swift.Taylor Swift is very talented and so is Beyonce.Beyonce can't get every award-by the way,failure is a normal part of life.I think Taylor Swift deserved that award and by Kanye West doing that,shows he cant accept factz!!!

AveryG13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 17 2010 at 9:44 am
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan
12 articles 1 photo 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best thing to do with the best things in life, is to give them up to those who have nothing."
- Ambrose Bierce

what r u trying to say, LakelandBoI#3?

AveryG13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 17 2010 at 9:43 am
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan
12 articles 1 photo 92 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best thing to do with the best things in life, is to give them up to those who have nothing."
- Ambrose Bierce

Taylor Swift is very talented and kind. Kanye ruined his career the moment he said that and ruined her speech. If you're gonna diss Taylor, diss her when she is not the most popular female artist in America, when she is not winning Grammys and CMA awards, when she is not loved by all 100 billion of her friends, and especially not when she is on live television after just winning yet another award. Seriously, Kanye: what were you thinking? GO TAYLOR!!!!!

on Jan. 5 2010 at 6:04 pm
HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
5 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

I thought that was hilarious. I honestly cannot stand Taylor Swift - she can't sing and she looks like a mouse. In my opinion, I don't think she should have won Best Female whatever whatever. So, Go Team Kanye (: