Banning Cigarette Smoking | Teen Ink

Banning Cigarette Smoking

Almost every person in the United States has seen or experienced the act of smoking cigarettes. Everything about cigarette smoking can lead to serious problems towards the health and the mentality of a person. Approximately 440,000 Americans die each year from diseases related to smoking. 396,000 of the American smokers are teen smokers. The youth in the United States are overwhelmed with the urge to start smoking cigarettes. The correct solution to this dire problem is to take action and ban cigarette smoking.

Smoking is very addictive that even one cigarette will hook someone for life. Based on the addiction, the United States is placed 57th for average cigarette smoking out of 182 countries. The result leaves people with the influence to smoke cigarettes. Currently, the percentage of average smokers is decreasing significantly. Personally, I like the decrease and want all of the people in the United States to resist the urge to smoke cigarettes.

Almost ninety percent of smokers started smoking cigarettes when they were kids. Many problems develop based on the addiction that youth will have on smoking cigarettes. Teenagers become addicted faster on smoking cigarettes than adults. The grasp that cigarettes can hold on a young person can lead to hazardous health problems. At this time, we should focus more on the problems with cigarettes than to be caught up in the addiction.

Many cancer tests on smokers have shown to be positive based on the dangers of smoking cigarettes. Diseases from smoking have a high chance of becoming fatal. The smoker will experience terrible symptoms in the body and the mind. Some of the symptoms will cause behavioral changes based on the mentality of the individual. I think that everyone should warn each other about smoking cigarettes before the time is too late.

The act of smoking cigarettes is diverse throughout the world. In fact, most countries have picked up the habit to start smoking. The message to smoke has spread around the world, which will lead to more problems in the future. In my opinion, our country should stop the urge to smoke cigarettes and possibly spread the message across the world.

The majority of the tobacco companies care more about the money than the actual health of the consumer. The companies are depriving the general economy by selling their harmful products to the common people. Our country is losing money based on smoking-related illnesses. These illnesses in the United States costs more than $300 billion for proper treatment each year. Also, smoking cigarettes hurts the budget of the consumer. Ten years of smoking may come with a $22,920 price tag. We should stop buying tobacco products and help save our economy from the dangers of smoking cigarettes.

Tobacco companies used to be able to promote their products on television in order to lure adults and teens into buying. The Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act was able to ban smoking advertisements and issue warning labels on smoking. However, the tobacco companies are still profiting from the anti-smoking advertisements. I am rather surprised that each tobacco company still have the power to manipulate and profit from people who want to start smoking. We should stand up as people and simply reject the act of smoking.

Cigarette smoking causes premature death and leaves the life expectancy for smokers at least 10 years shorter than nonsmokers. Also, the chance of getting lung cancer while smoking counts toward eight-seven percent. Other high chances while smoking include breast cancer, oral cancer, pancreatic cancer, and other similar means.

In conclusion, cigarette smoking should be banned across the United States and possibly across the whole world. Making the right decision will prevent many illness-related deaths. Also, the economy will benefit from the removal of cigarette smoking. I know that everyone is capable to refuse the cigarette and to take action. If we continue smoking cigarettes, our problems will become increasingly worse.