Who Says Being a Quitter Is a Bad Thing? | Teen Ink

Who Says Being a Quitter Is a Bad Thing?

By kiaralynn0 BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
kiaralynn0 BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan

Who says being a quitter is a bad thing? 

There’s been a lot of comments made on E-Cig. Used instead of regular. If the government want to guide our future generations from smoking they must think of another idea or strategy.

Many people are doing it because of others. webmd studies show a high precentage of smokers began smoking because of peer pressure. They also say the number of teens and tweens using these products doubled between 2011 and 2012. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says, “The potential dangers of e-cigarettes, for example that they could extend smoking habits, that they could be a gateway to traditional cigarettes for children, or that their vapor could to turn out to have long-term health effects.”

A lot of money is spent for advertising cigarettes each year, and putting cigarettes at such a high pedestal and smoking products compared to the cost of treating people that come out with cancer.

I understand people have trouble to quit smoking but neither are a good tool to quit smoking. Replacing tobacco products with E-Cigarettes is just showing people they can trade one bad habit for another one instead of just losing it. On nytimes studies show that E-Cigarettes are only 5 percent as dangerous as cigarettes.

The E-Cigarettes, might lower a person’s risk of certain cancer, but the E-Cigarettes should tell us the outcome of it. nytimes says, “Around an estimate of 20,000 smokers in united states america quit smoking in 2014 because of E-Cigarettes.”

If we are serious about creating a smoke free society then we must be all in for it. Us (People) accepting the alternate makes us fall short for healthy people.