Marijuana Production | Teen Ink

Marijuana Production

By YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

As Mrs. Illa, my health teacher once said, “Marijuana is the gateway drug to taking drugs that are way worse”, and I am a strong supporter of what she is saying. Marijuana is a terrible drug that people are taking just to take. The main reason that I am talking about this topic is that drugs are on the rise in the small town that I live in.

Marijuana is a drug that is becoming legal in some U.S states. Although some people argue that this drug should be legal in all states, I think it should be illegal in every single state. And I am going to tell the reader why. I will be talking about the drug itself, how most people in the world use it, why people use it and my opinion on marijuana. Hopefully the dangers of taking marijuana will be more clear.

According to LiveScience by Laura Cox on March 22, 2016, marijuana is made out of the cannabis plant or its more common name, hemp. The cannabis or hemp plant is mostly made up of hashish and hash oils, although lot of people just call the plant the marijuana plant. Now I think that people should know that there are way more to this plant than just pot. For example, hemp fibres, hemp oil and there are some medical purposes. Or someone is feeling a pain in their back, they will not use marijuana but they will use the hemp plant. But I think those should be the only reason for this plant.

Marijuana as I stated before is, “the gateway drug”. This drug will make people ”chill”. I don’t think that is a good enough reason to take a drug that in some cases can kill them. Even taking the drug at all can kill people. Now some people or as I like to call it, some states believe that the drug can in fact be good for you. Say you didn’t have the greatest day of your life or you were even fired from your job, people would use this excuse to smoke a joint or get a high to feel better. I think that when they do such an action, it is slowly going to kill from inside out. Just like smoking does. Smoking will just ruin your lungs and intestines, if you smoke long enough, your face and other parts of your body will begin to look as it didn’t a year ago.

Most people or from what I have read about or heard of, people use this thing called a joint and smoke their pot according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse on December 5, 2016. A joint is kind of like a smoke where you light the end of the joint and you smoke the marijuana through your mouth. Also, people use a pipe and put the marijuana right on top. There are other ways to have marijuana too. Some people put it in freshly baked goods like cookies, brownies, cupcakes and muffins for those people who have a sweet tooth. Now it is time to talk about why I chose to do an essay on this drug.

Ever since I have been little, I always thought that pot wasn’t such a bad thing to be taking. The was until I got into the 7th grade and learned all about drugs.And I quote again, “ it is the gateway drug”, this means that if you take this drug and think, hey this is good, it just might tempt them to take drugs that are ten times worse than pot. I also think that it should not be up to the states on whether or not people can use it or not without being sent to jail for it. It just should not be used period. It is understandable that people can get a high from it and it can help people if they had a bad day or something like that. But there are other ways that people can do things. If I had a bad day, I would talk all of my problems out with a person and see if they can help in any way shape or form, and everybody I know would do that. People in your life are great and a lot of people don’t think like that.
I have just talked about the drug itself, how people use it, why people use it and my opinion on the drug. Some people in the world think that it is bad, and some people love to death literally. And even though it is the gateway drug and people can kill themselves from doing it. States are banning this law on it. And it should be stopped now.