Drug Cheats: Good or Bad? | Teen Ink

Drug Cheats: Good or Bad?

By TraShaunJ BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
TraShaunJ BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

In 2012, “6 out of 10 athletes at the games were taking banned substances” (“Games Drugs Slur: Chambers’ Doping Guru Claims 60 per Cent of Athletes Are Cheating”) Drug cheats can make you have muscle growth, male puberty lots of body hair,and voice changes. Drugs like steroids should be used only for illness or a condition of some sort. Most people that use it only use it for the look of their body or to get stronger. If you need to get stronger workout more, if you need to look better eat healthier.

"[T]he use of performance enhancers is cheating because it violates constitutive rules of the activity.” (“Do Athletes Gain an Unfair Advantage by Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? - Drug Use in Sports - ProCon.org”) Drug cheats is a very unfair advantage,it depends how much you take. The reason why people use them is because they don't want to work hard or they don't want to lose. I honestly think that's true; people now and days have to use drugs just to be great. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if it happens constantly then that's a problem. If you're a real man you don't cheat, and if you cheat you're not a real man. The motto is don't cheat because cheating will come back on you.

If you use any type of drug cheat it can affect you and your team in a tremendously bad way. So if you’re one of the stars on a team that’s a real pain in the butt! In track if one person get caught for using enhancing drugs the whole team gets disqualified from the olympics. That’s usually how it has always been if you do something individually in a sport, but it's a team sport at the end.”The Seattle Seahawks happen to be one of the league leaders in player suspensions for performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) in the NFL and substance abuse since 2010.” (jimmie-kaylor) That’s way too many suspension for a professional team. If there is 3 suspensions on one team there has to be a problem. You can make your whole team go down the drain, so be wise about your action.

Using drug cheats can affect your life after sports in a bad way. Steroids can lead to liver cancer and heart attacks. I definitely wouldn't risk my life to play or too look better. Most of all the long term drug effects are gonna be permanent. I wouldn't do anything that would cause life or death. Most steroids make you very crazy and aggressive. I wouldn't want to be around my family because I wouldn't want to hurt them in any way. Never do steroids can mess up your whole life after and during sports.

People say that steroids make your dream body come true. That’s not right because when you get older you get even worse because if you stop working out  steroids turns all to fat. What if people don’t have to look good when they get older? Me personally I would want to look good all my years until I die. Well most people now and days look old when they’re old, some even look old when they’re young. That’s true but if you eat healthy not use any type of drugs then you won’t look as old. If you eat healthy you can look as good as you want. Steroids, bad supplements, etc. can make you feel good and look good right now but at the end of the road it won’t be looking or feeling too good at all.

Drugs like steroids can make you or break you. Honestly they’re not a good thing to do and why would you want to cheat? At the end of the day if you play hard and play smart you can amount to anything without drugs.

Works Cited
“Do Athletes Gain an Unfair Advantage by Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? - Drug Use in Sports - ProCon.org.” N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Jan. 2016.
“Games Drugs Slur: Chambers’ Doping Guru Claims 60 per Cent of Athletes Are Cheating.” Mail Online. N.p., 8 Aug. 2012. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
jimmie-kaylor. “Drugs in the NFL: 7 Teams With the Most PED Suspensions.” The Cheat Sheet. N.p., 29 Aug. 2015. Web. 6 Jan. 2016.