Cancer Stick | Teen Ink

Cancer Stick

By Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Cigarettes are one of the worst inventions created on earth. Smoking cigarettes can cause many cancers to your body or death. People who smoke cigarettes usually have poor hygiene.

I saw the first cigarette at my grandma’s house at the age of five. I couldn’t stand the smell of the cigarette it made want to vomit everywhere. She smoked so many cigarettes every day that the furniture was almost completely brown. I couldn’t stand to see her spend $20 a day on cigarettes. The way I was going to get her to quit was to chop all her cigarettes up even though she would be angry with me.

I think that teens smoke cigarettes because they are under peer pressure. They don’t want to smoke cigarettes but do it anyway to fit in and make themselves look cool. Once a teenager starts smoking cigarettes it’s complicated for them to stop. It’s the nicotine in cigarettes that make them highly addictive. Teens are damaging many body cells and killing their lungs and they haven’t fully developed yet.

People who smoke cigarettes tend to have a terrible hygiene. I can’t stand to talk to people who smoke cigarettes. There breathe smells like they eat dog poo and their teeth are completely yellow. Their clothing tends to have an awful stench from all the smoking. It’s a shame to see people walk around with clothes on with burn holes from dropping cigarettes on themselves and thinking its ok.

Smoking cigarettes isn’t only terrible for you but for the people you’re around. There are many people who are affected by second hand smoke and die from a smoking disease. I believe if people were banned from smoking cigarettes the environments would be cleaner and there would be fresher air.