Steroids | Teen Ink

Steroids

May 22, 2014
By brenton Dorsey BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
brenton Dorsey BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Steroids

“There are many things that you can take that are banned substances. I mean, there are things that have been removed from GNC today that would trigger a positive test. I’m not sure exactly what I used, but whatever I used, I feel terrible about it” (Alex Rodriquez). Steroids are a big deal in sports, I doesn’t matter what age steroids have the potential to kill or physically and mentally hurt you. Some steroids are good because the can cure some types cancer and colds. Steroids should be illegal to every state in the U.S because people use steroids to make themselves look stronger and because they improve players’ playing abilities which make the other people look really bad.

Steroids should be illegal in every state because it makes people look ten times stronger than the person actually is. If they are asked to be a body builder or a model then the person that did the drugs has to fess up and tell the truth about whom they actually are and how they got to be like that. If the person lies, that lie will stay with the person for the rest of their life. Another reason is that if people find out about who you really are, then they will never respect you. And if nobody has any respect for that person, then that person could be so depressed they kill themselves.

Steroids should be illegal in every state because it makes sports players increase in their skill and isn’t fair to the other players. If you could run, jump, kick, hit, or catch better than anyone else in the league, you are unstoppable. Another reason is that if you use steroids during a game is that they make you act different compared to yourself before you use the drugs. The last reason is that if you get caught using them and you are a professional player getting paid to play a game, you will get kicked out of the league for a few years and won’t even get paid.




Some steroids are useful for many reasons. Steroids can be used to cure some types of cancer, like dexamethasone (Find Support And Treatment) and other diseases that can harm you or your life. Steroids can also be used to cure rashes and just colds you normally get.


Steroids will hurt you in many different ways that may even have the potential to kill you. Steroids should be illegal in every state in the U.S because people use steroids to make them look stronger and because they improve players’ playing abilities and makes the other players look really bad. Say no to steroids, they will hurt you!