Drugs are never right! | Teen Ink

Drugs are never right!

By Breanna Brecks BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Breanna Brecks BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

In society we face a number of problems. We face many different problems from ocean to ocean, but the problem that causes the most problems these days are drugs. With drugs come many different problems. Drugs cause bad decision making, committing crime, and gets people very addicted to bad habits.
Drugs in the present day are causing people to make bad choices and bad decisions. Drugs aren’t necessarily making people do things that aren’t right, but make it so that people don’t think straight. When people don’t think straight they tend to make wrong choices. When people make wrong choices it usually puts people around them in danger, which isn’t good to have citizens endanger ever.
People go simply crazy is awful and sometimes drugs are the reason for going crazy. If you have ever seen the show Cops or anything like that most of the shows are filled with people going crazy and committing crimes. That leads into my next subject, committing crime because drugs. A lot of crimes like robbing, GTA, murder, Suicide, Homicide, DUI, etc., all are horrible things people do while on drugs. If the world was to crack down on drugs there would be a lot less crime and murders. Less crime and so on the world would be a way better place.
Bad habits are the worst thing about drugs. Common bad habits of drugs are skipping school, skipping work, and not paying bills, are just a few common habits caused by drugs. First off skipping school will get you no where, because when you skip a lot school you will get kicked out. Once you’re kicked out you have a slim chance of getting to college. Once college is ruled out then you have a very shy chance of getting a good paying job. Second off skipping work is just going to get you fired and that will look bad on your record if you ever go to get another job. Also then you wouldn’t be able to afford rent, insurance, bills, groceries, the drug itself, and whatever has to be paid. Once that happens you would lose everything that you were paying and paying off.
Imagine a world where there are no drugs what so ever. We wouldn’t have to fear as much about crime. No more worrying about what you chose to try because it wouldn’t drugs in it. No more worries about what kids are doing when parents don’t know where they are. The world would be a better place less crime, less bad decision making, less addicted people, and less whackos in our society. Our world would be drug free! Wouldn’t that be great?

yvng.maria SILVER, Sacramento, California

''live life to the fullest because you never know your its gonna end''

amazing job i like how you gave details and explain keep it going.

Muku said...
on Dec. 18 2017 at 9:44 am
Nice article or essay good

Nana said...
Wow... Splendid this is quite good information.....

Cowzer said...
Thanks for the speech it was awesome

Cowzer said...
Thanks for the speech it was awesome

RandomGuyDTB said...
RandomGuyDTB, Lewiston, Maine

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Drugs is not a joke except when people don't realize drugs are the only thing keeping at least 50% of people alive at hospitals. The term "drug" refers to a chemical, so even that Aspirin you had last Thursday is a drug.

sphola said...
on Mar. 8 2017 at 10:20 am
I am sipho hompa thanks for the assay. I am in grade 9B at phelindaba secondary school chao

alone said...
on Feb. 26 2017 at 6:14 am
Thanks for giving me knowledge

xavierrrr said...
on Feb. 19 2017 at 10:50 am
xavierrrr,
hypocrisy at it's best

SiPatt. said...
Drugs is not a joke. It kills million of thoughts and people prevent and avoid using drugs. Be careful its dangerous. Its a sign!

Upxydtwf said...
on Dec. 5 2016 at 4:36 am
MY Nan is a toe

Bob the bob said...
on Dec. 5 2016 at 4:35 am
Lmao yvyvu

Mae Ann said...
on Nov. 12 2016 at 3:25 am
It talks about reality nowadays

Smith said...
color is indirect .. not targeted. low level drug dealers = low hanging fruit. low level drug dealers statistically have darker skin. Escobar is a good example of a high level drug dealer who was untouchable ... his only mistake was to kill and undercover American DEA agent. cops go nuts when you kill one of their own and skin tone will not save you.

Sach said...
on Mar. 29 2016 at 12:48 am
Marvellous maturity at this age is commandable
All the best

The_Real_Yeezy, Las Vegas, Nevada
weed is the only way to go

JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

Yep ^^, and a vast majority of drug incarcerations are people of color, despite the vast majority of drug users being white. At the end of the day, I don't really see why someone choosing to cause harm to themselves is something that's within the government's jurisdiction to police.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
Your definition of drug addicts is ambiguous and unclear because a lot of people are capable of committing immoral acts without being under the influence. Could you please elaborate more?

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
What they mean by "drugs" is illegal or abused drugs. Also to a lot of people they do not think of medicines as drugs.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
Why is your username "weed bitch"?