Smoking kills | Teen Ink

Smoking kills

By Tyler123 BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
Tyler123 BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

Smoking Kills

Some may use it to be cool. Some may use it for the buzz it gives them. Some may use it because they're addicted. And some may even use it to relax or party. Is using tobacco products really worth the harsh realities of the damage it causes to your health?

Whether you think so or not, using tobacco will affect your life in a negative way. The truth is if you’re addicted, you will have severe health problems. Cigarette smoking accounts for 30% of all cancer deaths. Smoking is also a major cause of many other deadly health problems including heart disease, bronchitis, emphysema, and stroke.
Do you really want to be that person carrying a big metal oxygen tank everywhere you go? Do you want to risk serious disease which is painful and expensive? Are cigarettes worth an early death from miserable disease?

Imagine this. A few years from now you’re lying in a hospital bed fighting for your last gasp of breath. Lung cancer is winning the fight between life and death. Your kids sit there by your side crying their eyes out, watching you struggle. They ask your wife what's wrong with daddy as she sits there choking over her tears, not knowing how to respond. You then get a blank look and suddenly you’re dead.

You may think this can’t happen to you, but you’re sadly mistaken if you take smoking this poison for granted. Think about your family and loved ones next time you light up that next cigarette. Think about how you would feel if your loved ones got cancer, and the affect on their health when you light up near them. Each time you light up, you release thousands of toxins into the air. People’s health is affected by secondhand smoke tremendously.

The products in cigarettes have been compared to rat poison because of the similar ingredients. Don't be one of the thousands of Americans who die each year from the chemicals they inhale in tobacco products. Please reach out for help if you are struggling with this bad habit. Break it before it breaks you!

looking to open some smokers eyes to how bad it really is for there personal health