You Can't Avoid Reality

Sometimes we wonder why the laws forbids certain things. Whether it's you're to young to drink, or you think drugs should be legal. There is one thing you should know:you can not escape reality. If your excuse to taking drugs and drink is your life is too hard to handle, then you need a reality check. Drugs and alcohol abuse are not the answer to solve your life's problems. Taking action is. Instead of picking up a bottle, you need to pick up your head and do what YOU need to do to get your life together. Also, just because drug and alcohol abuse might temporarily take you to a place where nothing is real and all your worries disappear, doesn't mean they aren't there, they're just disguised by toxins.
Getting drunk and high is not the answer to solving your problems, taking actions to permanently change your life is. So you better get to it.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job :)