The Problem With America Today | Teen Ink

The Problem With America Today

November 4, 2012
By AhtmahKhalsa DIAMOND, Espanola, New Mexico
AhtmahKhalsa DIAMOND, Espanola, New Mexico
54 articles 1 photo 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
''Be Formless, Shapless, Like Water...When you put water in the cup, you become the cup, when you put water in the teapot, you become the teapot, be water my friend...'' -Bruce Lee

''The Only enemy we have to fight is ourselves''-Morihei Ueshiba


I am 18, have never touched Drugs or Alcohol or Cigarettes in my life and I never will.

I saw what negative effects it had upon people from an early age, and thats why I see no use in doing them.

But I am not judgmental of my friends who do drink or do drugs because they are still human like the rest of us and as long as they don't abuse others or themselves they shouldn't be judged. I do help these friends tho get clean whenever I can, but in the most friendly and supportive of ways.

You see, I am the type of guy that, if you are my friend, I will show you a Great Time without getting Wasted or Messed up, because what's the use of getting wasted or drugged up? I mean come on, the next morning you wake up with probably a horrible hangover or forgot about how you just had sex with your best friend's girlfriend but yet you didn't think twice about doing it.

It happens all of the time, yet we live in a Society where nobody thinks its wrong when it is.

I turn on the TV and see all of these Artists and Stars encouraging kids to smoke weed and get laid and cheat on their girlfriends etc. It's Trash! And our Society here in America so happens to Glorify it to the point where we are becoming zombies to this Media Sleaziness.

Who cares about Jersey Shore or Nikki Minaj or whomever...Really have we all become so used to this Fantasized and Unrealistic way of living?

MTV supports Great Music and some Great Artists who give out good messages but at the same time most of the videos that are shown on MTV are about what? They're about Sex, Drugs, Drinking, Violence etc. And this constant exploitation within the Hip Hop Industry of Women.

The only Black Rapper I know of who has any Balls or Respect for women is Lupe Fiasco and he's the only Intellectual Rapper who has hit it big to at least try to criticize and confront this crap within the Music Industry.

I am a Guitarist and Singer/SongWriter myself, by I'm not selling my Soul to some Major Label just to get a little fame. Independent is the only way to go Truly...And if you wanna get Signed by a Label and they want you, then still be your own boss and make your own rules so they will have to be working for you more then you are for them.

I Don't Need A Record Deal! By Daylle Deanna Schwartz is a book you gotta have your hands on. I highly recommend it even tho its from 2005 it still holds useful information that you can use to make a Career and get some Exposure to your Music without being signed to a Major Label.

Of course, Youtube's Partnership Program and Youtube alone can get you quick fame. Take Youtube SuperStar David Choi or Kina Grannis for an Example...Their nets are in the millions and if you also Sign up for the Program you get Money for each hit you get.

It's completely Free to Sign Up, and anyone can do it too. But you cannot suck! If you suck! No one will like you!

Take time to Polish your Music and make it sound perfect.

Another Problem with our Society today is that there are so many teenagers let alone parents who are letting their kids drink underage or do drugs. Crimes like these should not be tolerated, and something needs to be done about it. You can't claim to be a good parent and try to teach your kid right from wrong when you're snorting coke in front of their face or holding a cigarette or beer bottle in your hand.

Now what about Solutions!? Where are they? They are everywhere but you just have to look.

Unfortunately AA and ACA don't really care as much as they could, and this is proven because AA took away all of Bill W.'s Manuals that had proven that Vitamins and Niacinamide Cured him of his Alcoholism, and they did. He swore by B Vitamins and Niacinamide and said that if he didn't take them he would be dead. By taking a certain amount of these Vitamins a day you CAN be Cured of your Alcoholism, if you don't believe me just go and do your Research and Read the Book called ''The Vitamin Cure For Alcoholism'' by Abram Hoffer, M.D., P.h.D and Andrew W. Saul, P.h.D

I by no means make these Claims because they were the first ones who did...But check out their book, its great and plus you can buy it for just like 10 bucks on Amazon...Believe me its worth that 10 bucks.

Either way after my own personal Experience after going to ACA I found out how corrupt both AA and ACA really were, and how they are more Corporations now then actually helping people.

Don't get me wrong, they still help people everyday but this negative reinforcement they put in people's heads saying they are still alcoholics after they have been Clean and Sober for 20 to 30 years is completely BS.

Do your own Research if you don't believe me.

I have invited a Program for Teenagers and anyone of any age they can use for Free to help them get Clean of Drugs and Alcohol and I am currently working on getting it in a Manuel so it will be even better then AA or ACA.

You see the thing is with people who are Addicts is that you have to think like they think to understand where they are coming from sometimes and you have to be in their space to understand how they got there, you can't just completely think they are one thing or the other immediately without asking questions and looking at things from a different perspective...Thats what I do, and you should too. Doesn't mean you have to go and party with them or drink or do drugs with them to understand what's up, it's actually worse if you do that, but if you think like them then thats half of learning it right there.