The Drinking Age Should Be 18 | Teen Ink

The Drinking Age Should Be 18

By chris17 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
chris17 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

"Many of the things you count, don't count. Many of the things you cant count, really count".
Albert Einstein

I personally think if you can go and join the Military and you can vote at 18, you should be allowed to drink alcohol at 18. I say this because there's many people who die at very young ages without even trying alcohol once in there lifetime. Also you can buy cigarettes at the age of 18 and cigarettes can just be as bad as alcohol sometimes even worse. Id have to say if your just a casual drinker then cigarettes would defiantly kill you faster then alcohol. But its a whole different story if your an alcoholic because being an alcoholic could lead to doing other drugs or lead to being depressed or just going crazy sometimes even resulting in suicide. But what am really trying to say is that if you can vote at 18 and buy cigarettes and get a tattoo and buy fireworks and leave home and be able to open up a bank account in your name and to be able to be sued and to sue others at the age of 18. But not be able to drink alcohol that to me just seems ridiculous and I know people who read this think but so many people die every year because of alcohol and drunk driving and yes that is true. People die because of irresponsible people in the world. if they wouldn't have the drinking age at 18 I think they should put it at 19. Either way the ages from 18 to 21 there's going to be irresponsible people who drink and drive and kill innocent people,so that is why i think the drinking age should at least be lowered to 19 or 20 but it would be better at 18.

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I agree with this article completely. Especially the first line.

All of these things should be 21 because that is when your brain is fully developed