Use or Abuse?

Steroids are artificial hormones or chemicals, which are used in medical treatment. One type of steroids, anabolic steroids, imitate the male hormone testosterone. Anabolic steroids are sometimes used by athletes to build muscle. One kind of anabolic steroid is called HGH (human growth hormone).

The use of steroids can have many damaging side effects. These include heart attack, stroke, and “roid rage”, and also can cause growth plates in bones to fuse together too early. Steroids can also make you taller, grow facial hair and make your voice deeper.

Many professional and non-professional athletes use steroids to enhance their performance in their sport. All major leagues sports have banned the use of performance enhancing drugs. In baseball, some players have used steroids to be able to hit the ball farther.

The use of steroids by major league baseball affects how I look at these players. I usually look up to major leaguers because they have made it to the highest level. I admire their hard work, and that they didn’t take any short cuts. On the other hand, when a player has used steroids, I look at them as cheaters and people who are not willing to do the hard work.

I think that players who use steroids and have made records should have their records erased, for example Barry Bonds. His all-time homerun record of 762 should be erased because he took a performance enhancing drug which made his muscles bigger and stronger than they would have been without. I believe these players records should be erased because they have cheated, and they used short cuts. Meanwhile, there are many players that play fairly and by the rules.

Performance enhancing drugs are used by professional athletes to become better at the sports they are playing. I think that steroids should only be made for doctors offices and medical uses only. The use of steroids in the MLB (major league baseball) is ruining the game.

awesomeeeeee said...
amazing!!!1

ilykkyuhh !!!!!!! said...
Yooooo Wudd Up Homiesss

sofee <3 replied...
helloo :) you jhaha

sofiee <3 said...
i lovee chickenn !!

ilykkyuhh !!!! replied...
niceee comment !

Joshua L. said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:03 am
if poeople wants to ruin their bodies with steroids  than they will be sorry when the doctor says "um Mr. so and so you are going to die" then what are they going to do.

amyia2coldmays replied...
I can say that what u said was true because there are some people in this world that does that.

XiedyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
BTW. hey amyia....its do that. not does that