Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking | Teen Ink

Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking

By PoetryArtist98 BRONZE, Erie, Pennsylvania
PoetryArtist98 BRONZE, Erie, Pennsylvania

Ur Mom!!!

Drugs could kill a person in less than two days. They are extremely dangerous, addictive and not to mention illegal. When you do drugs you’re not only hurting yourself but the ones who love you.

Alcohol is wine, beer, liquor and much more. It is illegal and can give you alcohol poisoning. What happens is when consumed alcohol too much it depresses your nerves--the same nerves that control your breathing. You should also know that a person's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) can continue to rise even while he or she is passed out. You could also get Alcoholic hepatitis or Cirrhosis, which is among the 15 leading causes of all deaths in the United States. There are approximately 79,000 deaths due to excessive alcohol use every year in the United States of America. This makes excessive alcohol use the 3rd leading lifestyle-related cause of death for the nation. Alcohol is deadly so if you find alcohol in your hand, think is it worth your life.

Smoking harms practically every organ in your body causing many diseases and affecting the health of smokers in general. It not only hurts you but the ones around you. Smokers have a 12 year life shortness then average Americans. Cigarette smokers are 2–4 times more likely to develop coronary heart disease than nonsmokers. You could receive abdominal aortic aneurysm, stroke, heart attacks, and a horrible decayed mouth. Smoking will also kill brain cells. If people know that smoking is bad then why do they do it???

Drugs are bad period. So please take my advice and do not smoke or drink alcohol because it will kill you. You will have bodily injuries and you could die. It’s not cool to do drugs. Don’t let your friends peer pressure you because hopefully you will know the right thing to do.

I feel very strongly about this topic because my father had issues with drugs and i know how serious it can get.