Marijuana | Teen Ink

Marijuana

By cjg9510 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
cjg9510 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

Drugs and alcohol abuse is among every age in U.S.; Drug addiction will cause many problems in future like teenage pregnancy, failing school and STDs. There are many ways that people can get contact with drugs, and that can ruin someone’s life. Drug addiction is a major problem in the U.S., and people should know about the causes and effects of drug addiction, so that people can be more aware of the disasters in his/her future.
Drug abuse and addiction have no single cause. However, there are a number of biological, psychological, and social factors, called risk factors that can drive people into using drugs. Most people know that abusing drugs is bad for their body, but people still try when they know the consequences. That’s because there is something or someone that is causing it to use drugs. Things like child abusing, bullying or cyber-bullying, rape and depression can all end up to drug addiction, and obviously the next step could be “death”. Psychological disorders are the major problems that cause drug abusing. The professionals strongly suggest that “If you see any disorders like depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder, and personality disorders like antisocial personality disorder in you or in any person that you know of; make them come to us so we can help them out.” There are many doctors and psychiatrists that can help the ones who are in trouble, and there should be no embarrassment in asking someone for help. It doesn’t necessarily have to be anybody, but a close friend or relative.
Drug abuse can end up in many ways; sometimes clean, but most of the time severe. Most drugs have very bad critical is a better word physical and emotional side effects, and some can be physically life changing. The Most common drug that is being used in U.S. is Marijuana. People who smoke Marijuana try to justify the good effects in using marijuana, and in some states Marijuana is being used as a medical apparatus. But smoking marijuana is still bad, because people tend to overdose marijuana, and it can also cause lung cancer or black blood vessels. Other symptoms of using drugs mostly occur in the users mind. Drugs cannot be stopped unless they get a proper treatment. You can stop using drugs if you really want to. This passage is considered as a myth, when people use drugs their brains get used to it and start wanting it more. When addiction hits in, the user will probably feel lonely and more depressed than before, and that’s because the sensation they had while using drugs drains out the hormones and the brain will want more to fill it in. So, it’s better not to even start using drugs and it is better to get help from someone else rather than taking drugs.
Drugs are very bad, and can always have a chance if killing you. If you get addicted or if you do too much at one time, billions of dollars are spent on drugs. Addicts cannot function normal. They neglect or abuse their families and eventually require expensive treatment or hospitalization. If you sell or buy drugs you can be in jail for up to 30 years. On the drugs survey in Coppell high school, the outcome was nearly surprising. Almost half of the students that took the survey were using drugs, and they said that their friends made them use it. Drugs are meant to be illegal in United States, and the good sides that you hear about drugs are all myth. Drug abusing is surely bad for you, but it is also bad for your families. How would your parents respond to your addiction? What things will your siblings learn when you use drugs in front of them? It’s not just about one person; it’s all about making community clean from drugs.
In conclusion, drug addiction is bad for you and the people around you, and it is important for everyone to know about the consequences. Drug abusing comes in many ways, if you have trouble, than talk to someone else than drugs. And you must choose your friend carefully; your life depends on starting off with good friends. If you haven’t start using drugs, don’t go close to drugs. If your friends try to comfort you into using drugs, you must get away from them right away. If you are already using drugs, be smart and face the real world. Even if it’s sweet right now, too much sweet makes more and more bitter in the future.

OrenK PLATINUM said...
on Mar. 1 2012 at 4:30 am
OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York

"My teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said happy. She said I didn't understand the assignment. I said she didn't understand life."- John Lennon

Please watch The Union: The Business Behind Getting High. It's an eye opener