Teen Drug Abuse | Teen Ink

Teen Drug Abuse

By KevinS. BRONZE, Irving, Texas
KevinS. BRONZE, Irving, Texas

How does teen drug abuse affect the life style of the teens in the U.S.? More and more teens are abusing drugs and doing things that might be harmful or fatal to themselves or others. That meaning, the more teens that are under the influence, the more problems they will cause with family, friends, and others around them.

Teen-drug-abuse.org states that when a teen become addicted, they lose friends, develop health problems, start to fail in school, experience memory loss, lose motivation, and alienate their family and friends with their negative behaviors and often unpredictable emotional swings. With this being said, more teens will drop out of school, be a low life person and not be successful in life. Teen-drug-abuse also states that a parent who is concerned about their child being on drugs should look for signs of their child’s decline in interest in activities they once enjoyed, changes in school performance, and unpredictable mood swings that seem to be about more than just teen hormones. With this being said, parents should keep a very close eye on their child and what their child does on a daily bases.

Teenzeen.org says that a parent who wants to keep their child from doing drugs should stay clean and live a healthy life style and set a long-lasting impression on their child whether or not they admit it. That should give the child an idea on how they should live his/her life so they can set positive goals for their future to come. Also teenzeen.org states that parents should talk to their child about drugs before they hit their teenage years. With that being said, the child should have an idea on what they should say if someone ever offers them drugs.

An estimated 25% of youth under the age of 18 are exposed to family drug abuse or dependence says teens.drugabuse.gov. Parents should take more responsibility in parenting and give their child a positive incentive on the child’s health. Teens.drugabuse.gov also says that a parent who is addicted to drugs can lead to lifelong problems if the child or teen does not get help or support. More parents should become positive role models in a child’s life so that the child will be able to set and accomplish goals in life and become whatever it is that they want to be.

With all of this being stated, teens should make sure that they make smart decisions when it comes to drugs and don’t fall into peer pressure or attempt to try drugs or anything that relates to them. The more teens that don’t do drugs, the better they will succeed in life. How does teen drug abuse affect the life style of the teens in the U.S.? You tell us.