Drinking and Driving Is Not Worth It | Teen Ink

Drinking and Driving Is Not Worth It

By jordanmarr BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
jordanmarr BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

Teenage drinking and driving has become a big problem in America. A huge amount of teens die each year due to alcohol, and a larger amount get in trouble with the law while drinking and driving. Teens that drink and drive not only put themselves in danger; they put all of the other people on the roads in danger, and their entire future.

Most teen accidents are alcohol related, and many teens lose their lives in these accidents. As stated in firsteagle.com/tdd.htm> 60 percent of all teen deaths in car accidents are alcohol-related. In other words, teenagers that drink and drive have a greater chance of getting in an accident than when they are sober. So teens are putting their lives on the line while drinking and driving. Why would a teen want to put his/her life in danger? How could a teen be so stupid to even consider it?

Not only do teens risk their lives while drinking and driving, they are also putting other people’s lives in danger that are on the roads. As stated in madd.org/statistics> The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says, in 2011 10,839 people died in drunk - driving - crashes - one every 50 minutes. In other words, people are losing their lives due to teenagers driving drunk. It would be extremely hard living your life knowing you took someone else's life, just because you were trying to have fun. No one should lose their life because some teenager was breaking the law, drinking and driving. It is scary being a person driving around knowing a teenager could come out of nowhere and take your life.

Teens that are drinking and driving are not only risking their lives, but are risking their future. If you get a Minor in Consumption (MIC) or a Minor in Possession (MIP) it is hard to get a job in your future, or you could even be arrested. As stated in firsteagle.com/tdd.htm> in a single year, 522 children under the age of 14 were arrested for driving while intoxicated, (113 of them were under 10 years old). In other words, kids that drink and drive are getting in trouble with the law. These kids are screwing up their entire future. All of your lives dreams and hopes could be taken away from you in a matter of minutes. It’s not worth risking everything for, don't drink and drive.

In conclusion, drinking and driving is not right. It is not worth the consequences, and it is not fair for a drunk driver to risk the lives of innocent people. For a solution to drinking in driving, every person who gets caught should have to serve at least one year in jail. Is drinking and driving worth risking your life, the lives of innocent people, and risking your entire future? Do not drink and drive.

I strongly believe that teenage drinking and driving is horrible. I want every teenager out in the world to know how much danger they are in, how much danger they are putting other people in, and how they are risking their entire future by drinking and driving.

Imaad73 said...
Is this written in third person and present tense?? I am not sure that is why i am asking. Thanks. And by the way ur essay was pretty much good !!!