The harm of marijuana | Teen Ink

The harm of marijuana

By xcalibur1337 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
xcalibur1337 BRONZE, Coppell, Texas

The legalization of marijuana will cause more harm than good for the majority to the people. This cause is important because it affects people everywhere.

Marijuana should not be legalized Messerli states that marijuana is often used as a stepping-stone drug, leading to heroin, cocaine, or other harder drugs. This is saying that if we legalize marijuana then other drugs will get into the picture eventually, more dangerous drugs. Also because when people get tired of marijuana they will want something newer than that, which is a high end drug such as cocaine or heroin.
Messerli also says legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids This is saying if we legalize it, it will be more involved with it because there will be a lot more of it going around then there is already so more chances for kids and teenagers lives to be affected by it. Also kids will see it a lot more at school because the people who sell it already to kids at school will be able to get a hold of it a lot easier and sell it or get people interested in it.
Messerli says stoned driving and other dangers would be increased What he is trying to say is that because of the increase of usage of the current drug marijuana then more people will be tempted to use the drug while driving or other dangerous activities. Which in other words it will be putting a lot of innocent people in danger on the streets.
By this the legalization of marijuana will be doing a lot more harm to the people of the nation than any kind of good it could do.

on Feb. 24 2012 at 8:54 am
luxgringas BRONZE, Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
clearly, you formed this opinion without actually knowing what marijuana does to someone, because people don't really get bored with it and decide randomly to move on to heroin. You have to be in a bad situation to even be exposed to more hardcore drugs, and you have to want to take them, under the influence of marijuana or not. Marijuana is a positive drug. Stop believing everything D.A.R.E tells you.