illegal drugs | Teen Ink

illegal drugs

By theonetheonly GOLD, Oak Lawn, Illinois
theonetheonly GOLD, Oak Lawn, Illinois

"life is short, live it up to the fullest"
"Live your live to the fullest, because it isn't easy just being yourself"

Marijuana is at the root of the many mental disorders including acute toxic psychosis, panic attacks, flashbacks, depersonalization, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, and uncontrollable aggressiveness. The drug marijuana should not become legal anywhere with in the United State or the countries. So many young teens and middle school students are starting to do this drug. Smoking this drug that they call marijuana is affecting the brain and the way it functions and also the way the body functions. 13-17 year old target market has led to a far more soft-pedal approach of late. The drug marijuana should become a legal drug so young adults and adults can stop hiding it and also getting caught in the act with this drug. In reality this drug should stay illegal it just ruins adults and kids lives. Young kids think its cool to smoke so they are all starting to do it and they are also becoming proud of what they are doing to themselves. “If you smoke us, do you not die? If you joint us, do we not lose brain cells? If you kill us, do we not die? If you keep us illegal, do we stay alive forever?

Smoking this drug affects the brain and the way it functions and it also affects the way the body functions. Smoking marijuana can affect the blood flow in the brain so much that it takes months to return to normal. Young adults and adults really do not understand the outcome of the drug or what it can actually do to a person. In Kathrine Davis’s article Marijuana makes blood rush to the head. “Regular marijuana use can harm memory and the ability to make decisions.” She is trying to say the more you smoke the more you are losing brain cells. A joint a day can damage the cells in the bronchial passages which protects the body against inhaled microorganisms. The body will slowly start to shut down because at the amount of narcodics in your system. In Kathrine Davis’s article Marijuana makes blood rush to the head. “ Somebody smoking 50 joints per day is getting a huge number of carcinogens from the marijuana plant.” It is slowly starting to kill people that are smoking more than what they are suppose to because of this plant. “People are moving to keep America drug free. Keep America drug free for our independence. Keep America drug free to keep people off the streets. Keep America drug free to keep students in school. Keep America drug free for our safety.”

13-14 year old target market has led to a far more soft-pedal approach of late. The fear that nonsmoker friends, or lovers, might find them tiresome and pathetic. The 13-17 year olds are starting to peer-pressure their friends and lover into smoking this drug. In Seth Stevenson’s article Aliens don’t do drugs. “ It’s easy to do ads about drugs like heroin and meth, and the awful consequences that manifest. The teens that do other drugs are hurting their loved one more than they are hurting themselves. It’s also harder to find more information on marijuana. The fear that they might be growing dependent on the drug. The teens who grow dependent on this drug start to look for more and it gets them violent. If the teen does not find marijuana they can go crazy and start to hurt people to get to get. They will also grow apart from their family who loves them and also their friends. In Seth Stevenson’s article Aliens don’t do drugs. “Marijuana’s gonna melt your face off isn’t really a credible thing to say to teens.” Telling a teen that might scare them a little bit but it will just make them want to smoke more and more. Adults are trying to get their kids to stop and not to keep on going. It’s just making the teens like more because they are becoming addicted to the drug like its candy or something. “What does that mean? It means keep your life as long as you can, live it to the fullest, do things you thought you would never do in your life.”

Marijuana is a great relief of use, is not harmful like tobacco and is less harmful than one who consumes much alcohol. Some have claimed that people smoking marijuana can cause issues of brain cells being damaged and extreme memory loss. However, that is incorrect. According to the experts and scientists from colleges, doctors, professors, labs and universities. A good majority of people say that most people who do this drug are unsuccessful, and not able to do work and become lowlifes. This drug called marijuana should become legal in the United States and other countries. The people who purchase this have to be the age of 21 and they will be taxed. The younger adults should be educated on this drug before they are able to do this drug. In the article Why marijuana should be legalized. On the other hand, marijuana should never become legal. It messes young adults and adults up. They become more dependent on this drug to relieve stress. Long term marijuana abuse can lead to addiction, harmful effects upon functioning in the context of family, school, work, and recreational activities. This drug causes irritability, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, anxiety, and drug craving, all if whish can make it difficult to remain abstinent. In the article NIDA infoFacts: marijuana. Drugs don’t make you a happier person it just ruins your life. “We as people will fall, but we would fall separately.”

Young kids think its cool to smoke so they are all starting to do it and they are also becoming proud of what they are doing to themselves. Smoking this drug that call marijuana is affecting the brain and the way it functions and also the way the body functions. 13-17 year old target market has led to a far more soft-pedal approach of late. The drug marijuana should become a legal drug so young adults and adults can stop hiding it and also getting caught in the act with this drug. In reality this drug should stay illegal it just ruins adults and kids lives. The importance of this topic is telling teens and adults not to smoke marijuana there are way too many side effects. Don’t smoke unless the doctors put you on this drug for cancer. Learn from your mistakes and learn from smoking it. My reader should find more information on this drug in case they are the ones smoking. Be smart and not an idiot to waste your money on this drug just so you can feel high.

LD34 said...
on Nov. 30 2011 at 5:09 pm
I don't mean to be overly critical, and I understand that you are against marijuana becoming legal, but this essay seems to simply be a collection of random isolated sentances that do not coordinate into any cohesive points other than "marijuana is bad". I also think you should perhaps re-read and edit your essays, as the quality of this one really detracts from your message.