medical marijuana | Teen Ink

medical marijuana

By Lunnerice BRONZE, Jordan, New York
Lunnerice BRONZE, Jordan, New York

"if at first you fail. BLOW STUFF UP"

Marijuana should be legal as a medical option. That’s what I would say if I didn’t know about all the harmful effects. It should be failed because marijuana is a gateway drug. Also it’s a depressant. Lastly, it hurts your lungs, heart, brain, and immune system. Now then TIME to explain why!

It’s a pain reliever, true but there are other painkillers out there with little to no side affects. First of all marijuana does relieve pain, yes I wont deny that fact, but after the effect of the drug subsides you will be hurting even more then before because of the side effects of marijuana. Second of all, since marijuana relieves pain you’ll want to take it again for the same thing to get the same effect. But you have more tolerance to the drug so you need more of it.

Marijuana helps with depression. Yes, yes again it does help with depression. I wont deny that fact either. But I will say this, it helps with Depression, but the drug is a depressant meaning that after the drug affect you will be more depressed then before. So you’ll want more of it to get the same happiness.

There isn’t any health risk with marijuana. Now I will say this. That is a big fat lie; I’ve found quite a few health risks like heart issues. There is a lot that I don’t know but this I do know. Even though the facts say marijuana doesn’t have any health risk, one of my friends is mentally ill because of marijuana. He didn’t even want to take it but it was the first thing the doctors had on their minds because they wanted to test it out to see if it works. Well enough it does work, yes. But the risk of taking the drug is too high. My friend is 19 a little order then me and he’s become an alcoholic because he took marijuana.

Again marijuana as a medical option? That’s like saying lets have all the drugs as a medical option. Now you may disagree with me but please respect this essay, and me okay? The reason why I say marijuana shouldn’t be a medical option is because it damages the brain, lungs, heart, and immune system. Now, please, I want to hear your opinion about this subject so please respond to this essay so I can see what you think. Okay?

hello everyone i did a essay for medical marijuana in english class for summerschool....summerschool 1 week left YES! well enjoy!