Cutting | Teen Ink

Cutting

Usually when you hear the word cutting you think of kids or teens just trying to act cool because they have heard of it before. The truth behind the people who do it for real and NOT for attention is that they are doing it for a certain reason. I am and have been a so called "victim" to cutting and that is due to the things in my life for some people that cut they do it in order to calm down from being angry in order for them not to hurt someone else they hurt themselves and as bad as it seems and it truly is there is nothing you can do to fix or help it. If you know someone that cuts you cant just help or fix them the only thing you can do is be a friend to them. I have been taken to doctors and therapists about it and it just makes you want to do it more its something you must fix and want to help fix within your self. Everyone takes out their anger somehow and this is just a result of it. Their is a difference from a true cutter one who wants to be cool and someone trying to kill themselves so its best not to judge either one of them or try to fix either one of them because its whats within that will truly help you overcome anything.

I wrote this from self experience.

DevilDancer SILVER, St. Charles, Michigan

"I rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i'm not..."

I understand where you are coming from but calling it stupid makes cutters want to cut more! They already knows its stupid and by you saying that only makes them hurt more and when we hurt we cut.

Tho i am also a cutter. Try being in there shoes you have no idea what its like to put the blade to ur skin and watch ur self bleed. I cant even feel it. I dont feel cuz im afraid of everything that can hurt me so instead of letting other stuff hurt me i hurt myself i get caght almost every year and i never stop! Its my way of expressing my self each cut has its own story. That know one ever understands!

AnonymousKLM BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
1 article 1 photo 14 comments

When you look at a person, any person, remember that everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed them. - Mark Twain

Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions. - Robin Hood

Well cutting is a very dangerous habit most teens and kids have, and not only can you say that you are determined to save them. You have to get them professional help, and its not always 100 percent true that you will stop. 

Cutting is not only about the problems in there life, its also because they want attention. That is all teens are seeking for, and its not a bad thing. When you hear a friend talking about suicide, its important to tell them that you care and that it's not the best way to resolve problems either at school, home, or anywhere they dont feel comfortable or safe. It's all about giving them attention they need, or never feel they have. 

Cutting is a very serious issue.

Scar_Tissue said...
Scar_Tissue, Menomonie, Wisconsin

A fat kitchen a strong will.
Perfection comes in a baggy size zero.

I really like this artical.

on Mar. 30 2011 at 11:07 am
.iloveyou. GOLD, Evansville, Wyoming

"There are but two certainties in life; death and taxes." Ben Franklin

No one ever said it was smart, they just said it was out there and people do it. I was one of them... I cut when I was high, which was most of the time. When I was doing coke I was an angry person and took it out on myself instead of others. Those kids were my "friends."

together.forever SILVER, Jonesborough, Tennessee

"If you see someone without a smile give them yours"-Dolly Parton

yeah you can call it stupidity but people dont do it to make themself happy they do it to hurt themself instead of hurting others, it is a bad and very stupid habit i know

joe45 said...
on Mar. 29 2011 at 8:03 am
people that cut are stupid because it doesnt even do anything to you..to make you feel happy about yourself