Cutting | Teen Ink

Cutting

March 19, 2011
By Anonymous

Usually when you hear the word cutting you think of kids or teens just trying to act cool because they have heard of it before. The truth behind the people who do it for real and NOT for attention is that they are doing it for a certain reason. I am and have been a so called "victim" to cutting and that is due to the things in my life for some people that cut they do it in order to calm down from being angry in order for them not to hurt someone else they hurt themselves and as bad as it seems and it truly is there is nothing you can do to fix or help it. If you know someone that cuts you cant just help or fix them the only thing you can do is be a friend to them. I have been taken to doctors and therapists about it and it just makes you want to do it more its something you must fix and want to help fix within your self. Everyone takes out their anger somehow and this is just a result of it. Their is a difference from a true cutter one who wants to be cool and someone trying to kill themselves so its best not to judge either one of them or try to fix either one of them because its whats within that will truly help you overcome anything.


The author's comments:
I wrote this from self experience.