It's My Life

By , Evanston, IL
I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't do any drugs what so ever.
However, I don't think you can tell someone "you cannot do this, because i said so". I completely back fining people for drunk driving, or if the use of drugs causes you to murder someone, of course they should be shipped off to jail. But to control someone's life, and totally deny a substance, seems absurd to me.
What if the government decided that green tea was bad for our brains and made us lose our minds? What if they banned green tea from the whole country, and anyone found with green tea would be put in prison? Wouldn't that be outrageous? We, as American citizens, should be allowed to make our own decisions and control our own lives.
I do not support drugs, but I do support a decision. You should decide whether or not you want to put a damaging substance in your body. In the words of Bon Jovi, "It's my life."

Jayme said...
This is a well written article. Though I don't agree with you totally, I do believe that our rights are slowly being taken away. I respect your opinion, and I am glad that you have the courage to voice it. :)