Smoking and Your Health

My sister got caught smoking a cigarette by my mother, who is not someone you want to get caught by. A year or two ago when I found out that my sister smoked cigarettes, I wondered why. I had tried one before, and it sure didnt taste good. She wasnt pressured into it; it was her own personal choice. Maybe it looked cool in the movies, and maybe she wanted a way to relax, but hey, why not try some yoga or something? Cigarette smoking is a horrible habit, and to be addicted to it is horrible.
Did you know that every eight seconds that someone dies from tobacco use? Putting these 'cancer sticks' in your mouth is so life killing. Teens may not think so right now, but how about thirty years later when you develop lung cancer? And its not just you who you are affecting, its the people around you. Because I am around my sister when she smokes, I am getting second hand smoke, and who knows, maybe I'll get lung cancer instead of her. People affect everyone around them, and its selfish to only think that youre hurting yourself.
There are many bad things that occur once you have smoked for a while. You may not see the effects right now, but you will. Effects are yellowed teeth, smelling bad, getting high blood pressure, shortness of breath, dizziness, wrinkles, and nasuea. You can avoid all of these things, and more serious things like cancer and death, if you just put down the cigarette. Sure, its not that easy, but there are so many ways you can stop. Nicotine patches and gum, and tons of medications are availible to stop the craving for another cigarette.
Stopping now could save your life, and your money. It is almost 5 dollars for a box of cigarettes. And if you smoke a pack every two days, thats over 70 dollars a month.
So next time you go and light up a cigarette, think about how you are affecting yourself, your friends and family, your lifestyle, your finances, and your future.

JoshieBoy33 said...
Cigarettes have taken the life of one of my grandpas and made life miserable for my other.  For anybody that smokes cigarettes right now, I wish they could have a conversation with my grandpa right now and he would tell them smoking was the greatest mistake of his life.  He has had many heart attacks and two open heart surgeries.  I agree 100% with the writer about this issue.  Smoking not only harms yourself, but it also harms everybody around you.  The second hand smok... (more »)

FreshBeats said...
Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:56 am
i 100% agree with you on all of this because i smoke and all it has done to me is kill my lungs and i as well go broke, i am trying to quit but i can't seen to get away from any of it. but again this was an amazing peice

Cubster said...
By now the cost for a pack of smokes has gone up to like $7.26. So I totally agree with you on the money thing.

Flibinjiber said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 9:41 am
My mother had 2 strokes and a brain anurizm because she smokes.

Evie52 replied...
Wow! That`s alot! :( i hope she is ok

lol magic said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:50 am
smoking is wrong it make life shorter it make me fell sad and mostly weird life stinx when u smoke

CoolG said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 11:47 am
Thats awesome!

chrissyclarinetist said...
yes bad things can happen from smoking, but i smoke and have friends who do also, and for some people, cigarettes are the only thing that help our lives. so don't judge people who smoke please

jaimex92 replied...
i have friends/family that smoke, and im not saying youre a bad person for smoking, you're probably very nice. its just like any bad habit, and i have quite a few of those that arent good for me now or in the long run. but there are better things out there than smoking, and i think you can agree with that at the least.

swag unknown222 replied...
you still shouldn't smoke! do you want to get cancer? its seems like u do because you WANT to smoke!

dragonfan said...
wow,you are a good writer and i agree smoking isnt right my friend smokes and he in 7th grade each time he smokes he looses 6 min. of his life =(

sexii girl replied...
Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:11 am
You did good

jaimex92 replied...
thank you :]