Drunk Driving | Teen Ink

Drunk Driving

By AprilWesley1225 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
AprilWesley1225 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Drunk Driving is one of the main causes of death in the U.S. When someone drinks and drives, not only are they putting their lives in danger, but also they’re putting the lives of others in danger. Drinking and driving is not good. We can hurt others seriously.
Drinking and driving is a problem in Louisiana, this is why everybody always has car accidents. It’s all right to drink to have fun but there is a time we should stop. People that drink, do they wonder about if they going to make it home safe or not? Come on now; this is serious. I have lost a cousin behind drunk driving. That is so freaking crazy; people that are alive see and hear about all the people passing away to all this drunk driving. Instead of them taking this in consideration, they still do it.
I am against drunk driving. If I were a police officer, I would always stay on the run. If somebody crosses the yellow line just one time, I would pull him or her over and have him or her walk the line. If I had to, I would do this everyday all day until they get the picture that drunk driving isn’t cute.
Especially around holidays, driving fatalities are alcohol-related. When holidays come around, this is the time we share our days with our loved ones. However, stupid people always have to ruin the day. Like I said, “Its cool to get drunk to have a little fun.” When someone drinks enough where they can’t drive home; that’s when its time for one to stop. Some people think it’s only the old folks that cause all these alcohol fatalities, it’s the teenagers, also. Why? Drunk driving isn’t cute at all!

on Jan. 12 2011 at 8:32 pm
butterflylover, Springville, Indiana

read my article..its called drinking and driving laws.

it would solve the problem your writing about in your article.

on Jan. 5 2011 at 4:53 pm
this article is so true , that u can actually die , or get too drunk