Obsessions | Teen Ink

Obsessions

By Jesssxo19 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
Jesssxo19 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska

Love is something you can't describe like the look of a rose, the smell of the rain, or the feeling of forever.

"Before, life was good. It was easy, simple, fun. I had tons of friends that were good kids. I had perfect grades and i was in as many sports as i can manage to be in. This is what i called a good life. That is, until an old friend of mine showed me the ways to feel more amazing and thrilled in my life! She showed me all kinds of drugs; Marijuana, Speed, Ecstasy, Crack, and others that just swooped me off my feet. I thought that i could easily do the "one and done" method. But after I took the drugs, I couldn't control myself and I just had to take them again. I was powerless against the drugs. I couldn't stop anymore. I was obsessed."

Everyday, more than a thousand people are in the deadly hold of drugs. People think "oh, I'll just try some once and then I'll stop. Its not like I'll get addicted or anything." But in reality, you do. The special chemicals in these drugs make it almost impossible for you to quit. As if you'd even want to anyways. These drugs make you feel amazing! As if you were having an incredible dream that you wouldn't want to wake up from. But it only feels like that for a little bit. Then the headaches come in, the grogginess, the sleepiness and the failed willpower to do anything but the want to do more drugs. You know that good life you had with all the great friends and trusting family? Once you take drugs, it all goes away. The friends you had don't want to be friends with someone who's using, your life goes all messed up and wrong, your family won't trust you anymore and they would have to watch you every second of the day to make sure their "baby" isn't going to become a druggie.

To make it simple, Drugs are Bad. They do you no good. So why take them? All they do is give you gross breath and make you feel sick after all the "fun" is over, and that fun only lasts maybe a couple of minutes. It's really not worth the effort. You can even overdose on drugs and die! Just leaving all the people who care for you behind! Drugs can ruin your life! They can ruin just about everything you've ever really cared about. It can ruin even the best of relationships. Make the right choice, don't use drugs.

Pleaseandthankyou(: