Be Drug Free | Teen Ink

Be Drug Free

By Night-hawk666 BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming
Night-hawk666 BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming

Drugs kill a lot of people every year. What if one of those many people was your family member or a friend? Drugs can cost you all of your money and the effects of them are terrible. I don't see why anyone would do them. Drugs can ruin your life, don't start them.

Drugs are addicting, you can get addicted and then can't get off of them. If you get addicted to them it can ruin your life. Also if you get addicted you could spend lots of money that you could use for food, clothes and bills maybe even help to get off of them. If you have kids you could use that money that you don't spend on drugs to get food and clothes for them. Drugs are addicting because they simulate the production of certain brain chemicals that people find pleasuring. Then you brain adjusts to the higher amount of chemicals then you have to use more drugs to get the same feeling. After a while of using the drug, it seems necessary to use them just to function right. 20% of teens try or use drugs or alcohol. That's 1 out of 5 teens you might know, maybe even one of your friends. Drugs are not addicting if you don't start them.

Overdose is the main killer of drugs not the drugs themselves. If you were to take too much of a certain drug it could kill you. In fact overdose of the drug is getting high getting too high will kill you. The reason people like the drugs is because they like the high feeling and they can easily overdose because of it. 106,000 people die of overdose each year 36,000 are hospitalized. 1,400 teens die from drugs at parties and even at home. Only 12 die from drug overdose. All drugs can kill you if you take too much. According to www.answers.com.

Some of the effects of drugs are very bad. Marijuana has about 400 chemicals are found in marijuana. This drug actually changes how the brain works and extremely addictive. Marijuana makes your heart rate go up and makes you very anxious or paranoid. Also known as “pot” or “weed”. Methamphetamine or “meth” is a highly addictive synthetic chemical that is smoked, injected, snorted, or swallowed. Other names for this drug is “meth” or “crystal meth” and it acts as a simulate according to www.abovetheinfluence.com. Would you actually like this stuff happening to you from these drugs?

Why you shouldn't use or abuse drugs. Marijuana is like tobacco but more potent. Studies show that smoking marijuana can lead to chest illnesses and lung infection. Some people even use over the counter drugs to get high. The effects of a cough and cold remedy are nausea, loss of coordination, numbness of fingers and toes, abdominal pain, irregular heat beat, aches, seizures, panic attacks, cold flashes, dizziness, diarrhea, addiction, restlessness, high blood pressure, coma, and death. Would you seriously risk you life just to make yourself “feel good”?