Legalizing Marijuana

The topic i am writing about is legalizing marijuana.I am for it i think they should legalize it,it will help the goverment with money since a lot of people would buy it and it would also get rid of alot of drug dealers possibly.The way it would help the goverment with money is because it would be sold at stores and the money would be given to them instead of drug dealers.Evidence shows that a lot of criminals get lockd up for drug dealing and the goverment has to waist money to pay for them being lockd up. By legalzing it,it would possibly get ride of most drug dealers beacuase people would be able to get it anywere and for a more cheaper price maybe.

Someone might disagree with me beacause they think its bad for people to do and if they did legalize it maybe more people would start doing it alot and children might see. For the person who disagrees with me is mistaking beacsue marijuana helps people alot ny getting them relax,calm,helps them eat and for some people it helps them focus on things.To me marijuana is not a drug beacuse it doesnt make people get viloent or act in a wrong way, with other drugs people will get wild and sometimes people who do a crim are high off something that is not marijuana.So thats All i Have to say about this topic, and for all the people who agree with me i think they should vote to legalize it or write a statement on why they should legalize it and how it would help and not effect the goverment or people.

123pooetryy! said...
alright i see what you are sayign about the government and $ reasons, but what u are sayign about how it does not cause people to act out is not legitimate. marijuana effects the brain in such a way that people don't know what they are doing while high, or at the very least their thinking and decision making skills are impaired, usually severely. when high off marijuana, people can certainly be dangerous, such as driving high, which can take lives. marijuana also causes health complications, and... (more »)

ashleybabayy said...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 11:27 am
todays governtment system is completly shot. i mean the only reason it isnt legal is they dont know how to make an exact profit from it. people ony think its bas because theyv been brain washed by what society tries to make you think and believe. itll be legal eventually. soon i believe.

rplove013 said...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 1:14 am

I agree with you!

It should be legalized. There are many different opinions about this topic.

We did a debate at my school on this topic, and I feel that alcohol is worse than marijuana and alcohol is legal once you turn 21. Marijuana doesn't have the extremely negative side effects that alcohol have.. I don't feel like marijuana is hurting anyone and I think it would help the goverment like you pointed out in your forum.

Good topic :)

TaylorTradgedy said...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 8:27 am
I am with yaaaa!