Marijuana Can Help Us?

I am for the legalization of marijuana. I will say now, I have never smoked it. I have smelled it in my school’s bathrooms; seen people selling it; but have never once tried it. I never will, either. Why, you may ask, am I for it then? Think of it this way. You legalize it, but put a 15% or 20% sale tax on it, and that is a lot of money. People would no longer be put in jail for selling it, freeing those needed spots for criminals of more weighty crimes.
I believe my point of view is one that is not commonly thought of. People regard drugs as a taboo subject, something that is never to be brought up. They think it is merely to be ignored and hope it’ll go away. Or they are widely outspoken against it, and condemn those who are involved with it. Now, by no means am I saying it is a good thing, or should be encouraged, but there is a lot of money made in the drug industry each year.
I think we should take that money, harness it, and use for good. Build newer, better schools. Build gardens. Plant trees. Use it for things in the community that many would benefit from. Let people see that there are two sides to every coin or opinion. Show people that times are changing, perhaps some change wouldn’t hurt us.

billlover420 said...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 11:53 am
i agree with you i think that if we just say here nwo you can do it there wont be such a problem and if you know the consequences to it then you do and if you dont care then you dont care its all up to you...

krizzy said...
Your point of view is interesting and informative. i agree with your idea about legalizing it for the greater good of ones community.

Keein said...
I apologise but i do not agree i do not think anyone should smoke it i have seen what it does over the years and no one realises that because it doesn't affect you right away but if you do it continuously it will affect you mentally in your older years and making it legal and putting tax on it more people would smoke it and more people will have mental issues

AmeliaTheStrange This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I am pro Marijuana but anti legalization. If it was legalized, the government, like you said would put a tax on it. They would also pump it with harmful and addictive toxins.

amicrazyorisitjusteveryoneelse replied...
That's so true.  The government would totally put a huge sales tax and put all kinda stuff in it.