Confessions Of A Straight A Pill Popper This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Breaux Bridge, LA
My story started on, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 7:02:49 AM.
I don't know where people get the idea I'm pushing drug use on them. It's not like anyone even knows I'm using. At least I don't think so. I haven't told anyone. I don't know. Cant they tell? I mean when I'm staring at the ceiling completly spaced out, can they tell? I hope not.

It's not my fault. I never thought about to turning to drugs or alcohol. Not pot, not beer, and definently not pills. I was always so scared at what could happen. If I could overdose and die.

Was I even thinking that the first time I used? I remember Claire offering me one. It was so tiny and held such promise for everything and I took it. I took it and felt it kick in, in less than a second.

It was incredible. The high was addicting. I kept telling myself I wouldn't get hooked though. I still don't think I am.
I'm one week sober today. One week.
I can do this but I don't know if I want to. If I can get that high, I want that high. I don't need it. I just don't see the harm in it anymore.
I'm not pushing drug use. I don't think anyone wants to get addicted to such a harmful drug as this. I would never tell anyone they should try it. It's horrible. The need is horrible.

I'm fine though. My grades are up. My parents are happy. I'm happy. Right?

These pills have done nothing bad to me. They won't do anything bad. Right?

I'm just a kid. I'm just lost. I just took one. What was I thinking?

5thSparrow said...
I can relate. I'm five months clean today, though. You can make it.

SkyMoney893 said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:34 am
As long as you dont do anymore i think your fine.

Amoney said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:22 am
Just shows to prove anyone can be a addict.

keke_curry said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:11 am
i like this I like how she says she could stop at anytime but that all depends on whether she wonts to stop or not 

ReignOfLove said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:10 am
I'm happy that youre sober and all, but this sounds like you ripped it off an anti-drug advertisement by above the influence.

TheNinjaStickFigure said...
Hm...I liked it, and it actually felt real to me, you know. Not made up, you could say I guess.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, I agree with TheNinjaStickFigure. Conflicting emotions about a serious subject---it was real.

krizzy said...
Very deep and confusing in a way. Sad to see how one can get addicted to a simple thing as a pill.

AmeliaTheStrange This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this.