The Legalization of Marijuana

By , Wexford, PA
Some say that if marijuana was legalized for sale and taxation then crimes would be reduced since the price would go down. They also state that it is just as bad as alcohol and cigarettes if used in moderation, but does that make it right for it to be legalized.

Marijuana should not be legalized because marijuana is a gateway drug, a drug that leads to other drugs when used, and some people that do start using this drug could turn to other illegal drugs which would further increase drug problems that are already expanding in the U.S. This would also increase “stoned driving,” which adds more danger to driving and further precautions would have to be taken for this. In addition to all of these, drug related crimes would increase and even become more serious if legalization does go through. Lastly, secondhand smoke would have to be recognized because others that choose not to smoke would be affected.

Overall, the cons out weigh the pros in this particular situation and if legalized this would lead to further problems we have in the United States.

DDriskill said...
This was AWESOME!

breath_of_air said...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 7:25 am
when i read this it reminds me of all the emotional pain that merijuana users go through. I mean a lot of my friends use and i listen to their horror stories and how they wish they could be different. i wish people would look at the consequences before beginning to use. it just wastes money and brain cells. makes you function like a zombie sometimes. its gross. and legalizing it would just increase problems that this nation is trying to resolve as is. i mean better schooling or whatever.... hell... (more »)

justagirl.. said...
Unfortunately, you're opinion doesn't matter. 

DDriskill replied...
Everyone's does.

Opignionated said...
I use to think that legalizing this drug would help matters, and that as you pointed out, the crime rates would go down but you have certainly given me more points as to why this drug should not be legalised. You have very good points.