Why Do Drugs? | Teen Ink

Why Do Drugs?

By Beautiful GOLD, Houston, Texas
Beautiful GOLD, Houston, Texas

"You betta recognize, cause I ain't apologizin'."
"If you wanna be with me, you betta pull your pants up."

I just have one question for the whole world: why would you do drugs? I mean, yes, there are people who may be depressed and pissed off because of whatever happened. But still, you have to turn to drugs? I mean, what the heck were you thinking? Seriously, what is going on with this world about drugs, alcohol, and smoking?

I mean, yeah, you may end going into the rehabilitation center, but come on, is that really gonna help you out. I mean, are drugs, alcohol, and smoking really your amenity. I guarantee, how can you do that to your family?

I know, that your mother had brought up better than that. If your mother knew that you were doing drugs, what do you think she would do? Huh, what do she say if she found out that you were drinking, smoking,and doing drugs? Would she be proud or would she be totally upset?

Beautiful GOLD said...
Beautiful GOLD, Houston, Texas

I definitely agree with you on this comment. I mean, I really understand what you are telling me and I also get about the rehab part. Yes, I understand that it may help those who want help, but 90% of those people don't want it. Instead, they would rather kill themselves and not live happily ever after.

keein said...
nicely said. i totally agree with you! it is not worth it and think of how it affects friends and family! i like this

Jennay. said...
Jennay., Spotsylvania, Virginia
Drugs are constantly being used, terrible? Yes, it is so I do agree. Drugs can really separate friends and family but that’s on the druggie that chooses that. Truthfully, if you are stupid enough to use drugs then you are smart enough to know the side effects. Then again, some still continue to do drugs. Drugs over loved ones, really? That's when you call yourself an addict. This brings me to my disagreement. Rehab actually does help people, depending upon whether that person really wants to get over drugs and move on with there life. Sometimes it may take more then one try but if you stop with the drugs then that are all that counts unless you’re really not trying. Depression and for other medical reasons, drugs are given to relieve pain. If they are prescribed then at least don’t take advantage of that dose. Don’t take more then you should, otherwise your just asking for something bad to come. In conclusion, this article is simple and is idealistic for those who just want a straight out point.

Chaniababy99 said...
Good article makes alot of sense

pookah22 BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Good article. It's true, drugs can really tear your family apart. I know from experience.

Beautiful GOLD said...
Beautiful GOLD, Houston, Texas

Not only will drugs mess you up, but it will tear your family apart. You will put yourself and your family into a lot of debt if you do drugs. DON'T DO DRUGS!!!!