Youth of the Nation

I know it is not just in my hometown that I see it, but it's all over the country, the world. But maybe as I am growing older and am becoming more involved with other teens in and out of my own school and community, my eyes are beginning to open up to what really goes on behind the masking acts that so many kids put on these days. I am a Christian, and it hurts when I realize that maybe my friends aren't as good off as they seem. Most, I've found out, are getting deeper into drugs and alcohol and sex. Even one of my good friends in the church that I attend has become pregnant. I never thought I'd actually know a person that is going through something like that. None of this is good. And I believe that it is due to a weak spiritual upbringing. Even most kids that call themselves "Christians" don't even know what the word means. They go to church and put on and act, but when they're at home or at a party somewhere, their true colors comes out. I know there are a lot of people in the world that haven't even heard the name of Jesus Christ, but that is exactly the reason why we have to spread the Word around! I'm attempting to confront more of my peers about how the youth of not just our community, but of our entire nation are falling deeper and deeper into immorality. The youth of the nation need to know the truth.

Bethani said...
I agree. Even as a Mormon, many people in my church youth group, break the rules during the week and on sunday, show up all innocent and everything. Disgusting!

Bethani said...
I'm glad you believe in your religion and I agree with you but not everyone is interested. It's sad how people ruin their lives with drugs, alcohol. and sex.