Our world these days

The morals of inhabitants of this world we are living in is obviously getting progressively worse. Ice cream trucks have always been a symbol of Americana, and parents often get nostalgic when hearing the Mr. Softee jingle. Most parents feel safe and comfortable sending their child to purchase ice cream from an ice cream truck. Parents might have to think twice about that after a 26 year old ice cream truck driver in St. Albans queens was recently arrested for possession and intent to sell cocaine and marijuana out of his ice cream truck (it was hidden in the ice cream cups) in a school zone, as well as possession of a loaded hand gun. This young man was supposed to be a trusted neighborhood symbol. He was relied upon to sell one of the most innocent American treats, ice cream to children and instead he was peddling drugs to them.

What is happening to this world? What kind of world do we live in that even the most innocent and elementary of things, an ice cream truck, would be selling drugs to youngsters? It has been long known that the sacrament of school has been noted as being an unsafe environment with drugs and violence rampant, but apparently the attempted corruption of our youth has reached unprecedented levels. It is obvious that no one has any respect or regard for the innocence of the younger any longer, even those that are supposed to look out for and help the young.

Obliviously this one man is a monster. He deserves to rot in jail. He knew the age of the kids he was selling these drugs to. He knew he could potentially be ruining their life. He had no regard for their young souls. He did not want to work extremely hard and earn his money, he wanted an easy way out. He wanted fast money and so he turned to drugs. This is obviously an extremely insensitive, selfish man who did not care about the children who he was selling these drugs to, their parents or anyone else that might face the consequences of his drug dealing. This man does not deserve to see sunlight.

This situation is quite startling, but what is even more disconcerting is that this one instance, although it may appear unique in nature, is actually just one example of this world increasing disregard for anything and everything that once appeared sacred. This situation actually speaks to a larger social commentary, a one in which the souls of this world have grown cold. Lock this horrible man away, please. Do the world a favor. But please, inhabitants of earth, this is a cry out for help. This is a message, you reap what you sow. Everyone needs to be much more concerned with the lives of others, particularly our youth.

IamAnonymousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 4:36 am:
Its a seriously beautiful article luvd it a lot and the guy who sold drugs in the ice cream cart.....he's such a jerk Really this article can open ur eyes

Kayley S. said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:43 pm:
Please, people of teen ink. This deserves a spot in the magazine.

peacequack said...
i have no words to describe this feeling i am having. that man needs to rot in jail.

morgan_ennis said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 4:44 pm:
wow that loser needs to rot in jail. if he had sold drugs to my little sisters he wouldnt have been there for them to arrest they would have had to arrest me along with him because he would have had a nice little suprise from me

annabanana said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 3:59 pm:
wow what kind of loser sells drugs in ice cream cones? clearly has no life.

HeadshotM said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:19 am:
bad.... maybe...

kittystripes10 said...
Jan. 24, 2010 at 10:02 am:
this is a wonderful article. I really understand your opinion about that evil ice cream man, you were very clear. My dad is an ice cream man too, and his competion (other ice cream men), have had problems with that too. Thank you so much for opening up the issue to the public, it means a lot.

DirtySweatpants This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 24, 2010 at 1:09 pm :
Hm. Where was this ice cream man again?

morgan_ennis replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm :
whats that supposed to mean?