If Everyone's Doing It, Why Do I Have To?

The title says alot. Isn't that what you've heard? "C'mon just do it...Everyone else is!" Here's my point of view on the topic of drugs, alcohol, and smoking. I know that many teens and adults use illegal substances, drink, and smoke. But I don't want to be one of those people. I've thought about my future and doing stuff like that is NOT apart of it. If you try drugs, there's a chance you'll get addicted. If you have one drink, there's a chance you might have more. If you smoke, there's a chance you'll never stop. But if you don't, there's a huge chance your life will be worth while. I know people who smoke and drink and do drugs. They do horrible in school, they don't even think about their future or how they want to live there life. Now call me crazy but I'm not like that. If everyone's starting to do those things then I'll just hangout with the "no ones" haha There is not a normal public school in the world where every single person in that school does those types of activities. There's not. I will surround myself with people who take care of themselves and are somewhat like me. Some people cave into peer pressure. But that won't be me. I would rather walk away and get mad fun of then to ruin my life. But that's just me.

TaRyN24 said...
thank you :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so glad that you hold this position on the subject and that you're not a victim of peer pressure. Well done... with your life!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 2:51 am
Well done for not giving in to the preassure to do something you know is wrong! It's hard, but can be done.