Why Should She Trust? | Teen Ink

Why Should She Trust?

By EternityRain GOLD, Burkesville, Kentucky
EternityRain GOLD, Burkesville, Kentucky

There is nothing worse
than not seeing much of the world
But having seen enough
To know you dont want to be a part of it......

Why should she trust after she has been tricked? Why Trust after her own family threw her under the bus for their own benefit? They tried to sell her, why trust them? Why trust at all after everything went wrong?

Her Father was a cop, a drunk and a junkie. He owned a gun, he used it plenty. Why should she go back? They'll own hurt her again. Her heart was ripped out, torn into pieces. They broke her, she cannot trust again.

Her mother went along with it, watched it all go down. Never raised a hand, let alone her opinion. She drank with him, smoked with him, and did the heroin with him too. Why trust
her?

The girl wanted out, thats what she got. She ran, she's gone, she ain't comin' back. She can't trust no one, not even herself. She knows she can't run forever, but she won't go back. It's all too crazy, to weird, to scary. She'll never trust again, never try, never care. She can't give her heart the chance. She might be hurt again. Why trust herself?

There is nothing worse
than not seeing much of the world
But having seen enough

Well...not exactly. My family don't approve of my hobby (writing) and make public statements about it. I have also had some abuse experi-ences, yes. I am actually living it now.

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

Great work! Is this a real experience for you or someone you know?