No One Ever Listens | Teen Ink

No One Ever Listens

Every weekend do you want to know where most teens really are? They are out getting drunk at a random party. Any teens that don’t agree with this must be blind. I’m fifteen and honestly hate how almost all my friends drink and get high so often. One sip of beer,or a can, is not going to kill anyone, yet when your so drunk you don’t even remember anything, it’s not only dangerous but not fun.

I don’t think its fun throwing up for an hour before you can go to sleep because you drank a little too much, but hey I guess some teenagers do. I always hear stories about “last night’s party” and how “poppin” it was… until they get sick and throw up the rest of the night. No one realizes that if they got caught they would all be in a shit load of trouble.

The parties seem entertaining and sometimes I wish I could go yet, I no it’s the wrong decision. I hate how almost every teenager lies to the parents about drinking alcohol and doing drugs. My friends hardly every remember the night before because of alcohol. I wish I was back in 7th grade when no one drank. High school has changed everyone, and it’s not always for the better.

High school introduced all us little freshman to upper classman who drink and smoke and have pulled most of us to the dark side. Sometimes I just feel like telling my friends parents, “do you know where your daughter really went last night?!” I never do, for the fact that I don’t want to lose my friends. Yet, I just wish they would one day get caught and get into trouble. I know that’s rude and mean yet, its true.

I don’t understand how teenagers do not see how damaging drinking and smoking is too their bodies, especially since they are not fully developed. It’s disgusting how much some teenagers drink and how wasted they become. AND how PROUD they are of IT. “Hey what did you do last night?” “I was so drunk I puked!” That is far from okay. I try telling my friends to stop but of course no one ever listens.

NO ONE EVER LISTENS.

Drinking and smoking=NOT COOL.

MuNeKiiTa said...

Diisz iisz a great story...Hope ur liife goesz better=)

live-love-laugh BRONZE, Asldkjfoi, Connecticut

"Happiness is learning to see beyond the imperfections"

interesting, i feel like that's the posistion i'll be in with my friends soon :-0 it's scary...but at least if they have someone like you to keep telling them the facts, how stupid drinking& smoking are, maybe soon it will sink in. good luck and great writing!