Because Everyone else is doing it | Teen Ink

Because Everyone else is doing it

In High School, everyone seems to mature by sophomore year. Sophomore year, is the year of the beginning of
partying, drug-usage. Almost everyone I know smokes pot, drinks alcohol, or smokes cigarrettes. Whats with everyone nowadays? In my place, everyone is some sort of a follower. Why do they smoke? Why do they drink? They think its helping them, its not. Its helping them increase their risks of some sicknesses. They're slowly killing themselves. Everyone keeps telling me, "It's a stress-reliever. Its helping me." with a grin on their face,I'm so sick of it. My friends do these things, too. Who knows? They might get me into smoking cigarrettes! My father already smokes, he ALWAYS smokes. He promises he'll stop, but he said that a long time ago. My boyfriend smokes pot, and I don't like it when he does that. It really irritates me. Our generation is getting worser.

on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:51 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

I was saying that I was confused if they were for drinking or against it and if they were for it...it was awful...I should have reworded it better.

on Aug. 2 2010 at 11:04 pm
SamIsSmiling GOLD, Rimbey, Alabama

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

getting worser?

annalena224 said...
on Aug. 2 2010 at 1:42 pm
Frnk, why is it awful? What is so awful about it?

on Apr. 11 2010 at 2:02 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I'm really confused. Are you saying that if someone is unhappy that they should drink and stuff to that effect? Because if so, that is awful and I really feel sorry for you that you or other people that you know don't see the light at the end of the tunnel in life. But if you are saying that they shouldn't because life is tough, then I sort of understand.

on Apr. 11 2010 at 1:59 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I totally agree with you. Just because life is hard doesn't mean you should go off and smoke and drink. I know how you feel, I've had people die from things like that in my life, and you can be the only person at this point to stop them from hurting themselves even more than ever. Great writing too :)

on Apr. 10 2010 at 11:34 am
SwordGirl SILVER, Apex, North Carolina

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

-- Winston Chuchill

Though it may seem like it, this isn't everyone. I know many high school students that do none of these things.

Even if most of the students at your school engage in harmful practices, there are sure to be a few that don't, like you. Those are the people that you should find and stick with. Don't give up!

on Apr. 10 2010 at 9:00 am
Pressedlee SILVER, Saint Peters, Missouri

"Daily planners never worked for me. I could never remember to write what I needed to remember."

Life is stress-filled. You must accept the fact that some people do not have perfect lives. They are unhappy, and there is a near-guarenteed manner through which they can become content...if only for a bit.

We only live once. Why live an unhappy life?