Pot Should Be Legal

By , gibsonia, PA
My view on drugs has definetly changed over the past year. I think marijuana should be legal. Why? Because I don't think it's that dangerous of a drug. It slows down your body process and calms you down. As long as your in a safe place while your smoking it, not much will happen. Lets face it, well at least in my school, 7 out of 10 teens have tried pot. And the kids in my school aren't stupid kids mmost of them get A's and B's. Personally i think the economy will go up if pot becomes legal. If we tax on pot, the government will make some money. A lot of high school and college will be willing to pay for pot. Look at Holland drugs are legal there and their country is a thriving country. I think pot should be legal for people 18 and older. People shouldn't be allowed to smoke pot and drive and should only be allowed to buy a certain amount a year. That is my view on pot.

Just_Minnie said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:06 am:

you brought up some  good points, but you forgot a few crucial ones. pot will take away your motivation, it can cause anxiety and schizophrenia (yes- that is a fact. look it up.). it also what is called a gateway drug. which means once someone is introduced to it, they are more likely to try other, more dangerous drugs. my boyfired smoked pot and dealt drugs, and when he was high he turned into a person that i didnt know. it makes people aggresive, and when you have a bad trip its the sc... (more »)

heartbreaker910 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm :
did you know that drinking and smoking are more of gateway drugs than pot? Yet, smoking and drinking are still legal

Aspiringauhor replied...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 8:40 am :
Actually, smoking and drinking are not legal until you are 18 and 21 (you know which age goes with which substance). So, technically, they're not legal for us, unless you're over one of those ages. :)

Thoreau420 replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:06 pm :
It's been proven it's not a gateway drug. The only reason it's associated with that is because you have to go to a dealer to obtain pot. They will try to pressure you into trying a new drug simply so they can make money. 

curtis replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
only can cause schizophrenia if youre predisposed to it (i.e. family member has it) and even then it is extremely rare

pfgoldfish13 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:27 pm:
You made some good points.

Peace420 said...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:05 am:
I agree that pot should be legal. It just makes sense.

HeadshotM said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 4:45 am:
but most people dont get A for their results when they smoke

Morningstar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 13, 2010 at 10:38 pm :
That's based on no evidence at all, sorry to say. Pot actually attracts smart kids, why? Because smart kids usually aren't brainwashed by modern era reefer madness, and they realize that it's one of the most therapeutically beneficial drugs one can use. They realize that it's near impossible to OD on pot, (it would take over a thousand pounds burnt up) and thus when life stresses and nags on them they can get away for a few hours. If your savvy at all about science, you'... (more »)

Just_Minnie replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:08 am :
yeah, but pot takes away you motivation. so alot of the times, ppl who do pot don't get good grades. and there is TONS of evidence to support that, go to above the influence, and sites like that.

HeadshotM replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:45 pm :
i agree with just minnie

Thoreau420 replied...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:19 am :
Above the Influence is still drowning in outdated philosophy and science from the 1930's. Weed affects many different people in different ways, there is a possibility to become complacent, but it's my strong belief that you won't if you weren't lazy already. It really depends on the person you already are. You can't label the entire community of stoners as lazy because you know 1 or 2 that are. 

NaCheezIt said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 8:18 pm:
Congratulations. Someone who sees it the right way!