Pot Should Be Legal

By , gibsonia, PA
My view on drugs has definetly changed over the past year. I think marijuana should be legal. Why? Because I don't think it's that dangerous of a drug. It slows down your body process and calms you down. As long as your in a safe place while your smoking it, not much will happen. Lets face it, well at least in my school, 7 out of 10 teens have tried pot. And the kids in my school aren't stupid kids mmost of them get A's and B's. Personally i think the economy will go up if pot becomes legal. If we tax on pot, the government will make some money. A lot of high school and college will be willing to pay for pot. Look at Holland drugs are legal there and their country is a thriving country. I think pot should be legal for people 18 and older. People shouldn't be allowed to smoke pot and drive and should only be allowed to buy a certain amount a year. That is my view on pot.

Purplefilly said...
May 2, 2011 at 3:05 am:
No offence, but I COMPLETELY disagree with you. I have friends that are smoking weed because it "keeps them alive". Uh, no. And on top of that, at my school its 47% of sophmores, all of which are IDIOTS who need to get lives. If you want pot legalized, you should stop smoking it, then look back at it with some logic.

Thoreau420 replied...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:09 am :
You aren't looking at it with logic. Realize, while you don't like it, others do, why should you restrict them? I hate when kids around me drink or do tobacco, but it's their choice. While you may not like it, it definatley should be legal, despite what you define as "having a life."

MetallixRose said...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm:
The only reason you're saying pot is good is becasue you are a pothead. go get a life. Pot does nothing but casue harm to the world. Pothead.

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 8:37 am :
Maybe this person isn't a "pothead," they just have strong opinions. We'll never know unless they tell us. :)

reaver said...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm:
pot just makes you dumb by killing your brain cells

LovelyIndian replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:38 am :
not true. if it does then why do they give it to cancer paitents???

reaver replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:12 am :
they give it to them so that they will eat when you have cancer you dont want to eat so when there given pot they get the munches

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 11:39 am:
My mom is a high school health teacher. I am not even going to begin to go into the details of how bad marijuana is for you. It may take away your worries at the time, but after that... I appreciate you contributing your opinion, but this time, your opinion is simply a way to get attention, be it negative or positive. If marijuana were legal, our economy might get better, but would our health? Ask yourself which really matters.

Jordan901278 replied...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm :
No, please, I want you to go into explicit detail of why marijuana is harmful to me.

Thoreau420 replied...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:10 am :
Yes, please preach the ignorance of Reefer Madness.

Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm :
I really don't feel like dealing with immature people who seem as if they want to spend their life adrift in a cloud, and/or finish high school with terrible grades because they were busy using an illegal substance. You do know that the primary concern about marijuana is that it's a gateway drug? That means that using it could lead to teens using other, more dangerous drugs. If you reply to this, I will not be replying in turn, because as I said before, I don't want to waste time arguing with pe... (more »)

Thoreau420 replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:54 pm :
Don't care, still gonna educate. The gateway drug theory has no scientific evidence behind it, and in fact it's disproved through Amsterdam's partial legalization of marijuana. When pot smokers went up, crack heads and heroin addicts went down. The reason it's considered a "gateway drug" is because most dealers try to push other drugs they have on their weed buyers to get more money.

curtis replied...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
I graduated as the salutatorian from my high school, and as an Ontario scholar (85% grades or higher) and smoked weed every day.  I got into one of the most difficult first year programmes in canada, and was successful...while smoking pot every day.  I got into a summer creative writing programme at Columbia University, an ivy league school...while smoking pot everyday.  While her points arent well supported there is plenty of evidence to suggest that legalization of pot is benefi... (more »)

GarrettR347 said...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 9:33 am:
Wow way to fail Pot is bad it has more bad things than good things and after used for  a while the good things become bad because you need more to get to that feeling each time

heartbreaker910 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 7:02 pm :
yea....umm not to be a hater or anything, but science has proven that it opens your mind with creativity. Though some of it bad, it's not fully terrible for you.

GarrettR347 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 7:38 pm :
yeah creativity as in ooh pretty colors, or why is that rhino eating my teacher. it may have a few good stuff but its stupid to do it. hurpdyerp frigafragaflibbenflu 

heartbreaker910 replied...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:32 am :
not just that, and hun that's LSD. Look drugs are not well good for you, however you think that Pot is from the devil it really does help creativiy 

Feb. 26, 2011 at 8:38 am :
That's actually true, and not to sound like a killjoy or anything, but it can also kill you over a period of time. Personally, I'd rather be a bit less creative than I could've been and still be alive, rather than be creative only to die from cancer or heart disease. But that's just me! :)

Just_Minnie said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:06 am:

you brought up some  good points, but you forgot a few crucial ones. pot will take away your motivation, it can cause anxiety and schizophrenia (yes- that is a fact. look it up.). it also what is called a gateway drug. which means once someone is introduced to it, they are more likely to try other, more dangerous drugs. my boyfired smoked pot and dealt drugs, and when he was high he turned into a person that i didnt know. it makes people aggresive, and when you have a bad trip its the sc... (more »)

heartbreaker910 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm :
did you know that drinking and smoking are more of gateway drugs than pot? Yet, smoking and drinking are still legal