Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

I know you don’t want to hear this, but you’ve got to stop smoking! You’re not only hurting yourself, but others too. Every time you breathe in that smoke you breathe in over 4,800 chemicals. They all go to your lungs and hurt your body. Think about when you were pregnant; you stopped smoking, because you didn’t want to hurt me. You didn’t want all the chemicals getting to me, so why would you let them get to you.

Speaking of hurting other people; what about second hand smoke? Not only smoking a cigarette is harmful, but breathing in the smoke is too. If anyone is around you, like me, they can get second hand smoke, and be harmed also. Every year second hand smoke kills over 3,000 people. Do you want one of them to be me? Do you want the feeling of killing a person, because you were selfish, and “needed” a cigarette to hang over your shoulders?

I don’t think so. Don’t say you can’t stop smoking, or that you “need” cigarettes, because people need water not cigarettes. People all around the word quit all the time, so it’s not impossible. I’m willing to give support no matter your attitude change. You being a little rude is worth seeing my mom on graduation day, years from now.

Love,

Hannah a.k.a. Miss P.

CaringHeart said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:25 am:
I feel yo. My mom's a smoker. She's right NEXT to me smoking right now. I believe she'll stop when the time comes. Hopefully yours will too.

Aspiringauhor said...
I love it, especially the ending. It reminds me of a conclusion in a closing argument I once wrote about the death penalty.. "At least let them watch from the visiting room. It's better than watching from heaven." Good on you for writing this!

Lyall H. said...
This is very touching, i love it, you should give it to her, my parents to smoke. i just wish they would quit :

Keein said...
wow. this is very touching my parents smoke too and i wish they would stop too. i hope if you did give this to her she took it into consideration at least.

lowlaa said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm:
Wow. Did you give this to your mom? No, my parents don't smoke, so I don't completely understand what you're going through. My thoughts are with you. Good luck!

NaCheezIt said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 8:58 pm:
This was touching, I hope that your mom quits! Good Luck! :)

hollyhottell replied...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 6:01 pm :
i understand how you feel. my parents are big time smokers. they cant do any of the things they used to be able to do. my mom used to be in tip top shape now she can barely walk up a hill without loosing her breath. its sad to see the one you love suffer and its even sadder when there doing it to themselves on purpose

always_and_forever replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 11:40 am :
no i did not give this to my mom and thank you guys for the comments it helps(: